Re: [evonline2002_webheads] WizIq troubleshooting

  • nina.lyulkun@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 26 , Nov 6, 2009
      I have a problem to visit video-conferences because of the problems with
      Internet connection. It hasn't been working for three days already, but it
      worked pretty good last night, but today... ;-(( I am so sorry. Hopefully
      to watch it recorded.

      Nina

      --
      Nina Lyulkun (Ukraine)
      Images for Education 2010

    • Carla arena
      Message 2 of 26 , Nov 6, 2009
        Dear Aiden,

        Yesterday I presented in the Avealmec online conference in Wiziq, and
        everything worked fine with the wonderfully orchestrated organinzation of
        our Venezuelan and Argentinian Webheads. I used Google Chrome as a browser
        and it was perfect. Maybe you could give it a try.

        Carla
        http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com

        On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 6:32 AM, Aiden Yeh <aidenyeh@...> wrote:

        > Hi again,
        >
        > I've been wanting to join the presentations in WizIq. Terribly missed
        > Nicky's and other webheads' presentations :-( Can anyone help trouble shoot
        > my technical misery?
        >
        > I can get to the WizIq page, but when I launch the classroom page,
        > everything just shuts down.
        >
        > I'm using Sony Vaio, Windows Vista. I'm thinking it could be vista doing
        > this, but i could be wrong.
        >
        > TIA, folks.
        >
        > Aiden

      • Dafne
        Message 3 of 26 , Nov 6, 2009
          Unfortunately, I could not attend Carla´s presentation yesterday, but I attended Rita´s and everything was fine. I use IE and Vista.

          However, I have never been able to use Dim Dim because it tells me I should be using IE, whis is the one I use. No idea what the problem is. I have never been able to fix it :-(

          cheers,

          Daf

          Yesterday I presented in the Avealmec online conference in Wiziq, and
          everything worked fine with the wonderfully orchestrated organinzation of
          our Venezuelan and Argentinian Webheads. I used Google Chrome as a browser
          and it was perfect. Maybe you could give it a try.

          Carla
          http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com

          On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 6:32 AM, Aiden Yeh <aidenyeh@...> wrote:

          > Hi again,
          >
          > I've been wanting to join the presentations in WizIq. Terribly missed
          > Nicky's and other webheads' presentations :-( Can anyone help trouble shoot
          > my technical misery?
          >
          > I can get to the WizIq page, but when I launch the classroom page,
          > everything just shuts down.
          >
          > I'm using Sony Vaio, Windows Vista. I'm thinking it could be vista doing
          > this, but i could be wrong.
          >
          > TIA, folks.
          >
          > Aiden

        • Aiden Yeh
          Message 4 of 26 , Nov 6, 2009
            Downloaded Google Chrome. Was able to launch the player, but was not able to view the recording. it says I'm not authorize to view it.

            Are there any other presentations today? friday, sat, or sun?

            aiden

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 26 , Nov 6, 2009
              Hi, Aiden!

              There are presentations till Sunday. See the Program.
              http://www.avealmec.org.ve/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=97&Itemid=89

              Hugs, Teresa

              Downloaded Google Chrome. Was able to launch the player, but was not able to
              view the recording. it says I'm not authorize to view it.

              Are there any other presentations today? friday, sat, or sun?

              aiden
            • Teadira Perez
              Message 6 of 26 , Nov 6, 2009
                I hope you can get on next one for Today.

                > [image: avealmec arcall] <http://avealmec.org.ve/moodle>
                >

                > *Invitation to Join Our Video-conferences*
                >
                > We are happy to announce that the video-conferences will continue tomorrow!
                >
                > Join us in Wiziq and meet our guest speakers who will be sharing with us
                > their ideas on:
                >
                > * *
                >
                > *Ed Tech and Social Networking by Erika Cruvinel and Ronaldo Lima Jr*
                >
                > *Time Reference*
                >
                > GMT TIME: 11:30-13:30/VEN TIME: 7:00 AM/ ARG TIME: 8:30 AM
                >
                > *E-moderators -* Carla Raguseo - Gabriela Rosso-Teadira P�rez
                >
                > *Web Conference Link*
                > http://www.wiziq.com/tutorsession/detail.aspx?id=E659BAE27961465189FB458951BB4A5A
                >

                > *From Information to Knowledge: Creating your Own Network*
                >
                > *Time reference*
                >
                > GMT: 14:30-16:30/VEN Time: 10:00 AM/ARG TIME: 11:30 AM
                >
                > *E-moderators*
                >
                > Teadira P�rez - Elvina Castillo - Alberto Castellano
                >
                > *Web Conference Link*
                >

                > http://www.wiziq.com/tutorsession/detail.aspx?id=73424CDC9ACB4DDBB5E2A11E01EB0E19
                >

                > *Modelling Social Media and Groups: Communities and Networks*
                >

                > * Time reference*
                >

                > GMT TIME: 18:30-20:30/VEN TIME: 2:00 PM/ ARG TIME: 3:30 PM
                >

                > * E-moderators*
                >

                > Elvina Castillo-Nelba Quintana -Teadira P�rez
                >

                > * **Web Conference Link *
                >

                > http://www.wiziq.com/tutorsession/detail.aspx?id=10522148265345B59020ED693112451E
                >

                > *Remember you will need to have your own Wiziq account!***
                >
                > *Do not forget to participate in our forums. There are thought-provoking
                > discussing taking place:***
                >
                > *www.avealmec.org.ve/moodle*
                >
                > This is an opportunity of e-meeting participants and e-speakers.
                >
                > *Join us!*

                Teadira

                2009/11/6 Teresa Almeida d'Eca <tmvaz@...>

                > Hi, Aiden!
                >
                > There are presentations till Sunday. See the Program.
                >
                > http://www.avealmec.org.ve/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=97&Itemid=89
                >
                > Hugs, Teresa
                >

                > Downloaded Google Chrome. Was able to launch the player, but was not able
                > view the recording. it says I'm not authorize to view it.
                >
                > Are there any other presentations today? friday, sat, or sun?
                >
                > aiden

              • Aiden Yeh
                Message 7 of 26 , Nov 6, 2009
                  Thanks. Could you please give me the link to Vance's presentation? Everytime I click the link posted on Vance's twitter I end up in my own wiziq and I don't see Vance's session (class) on my page. what to do next?

                  aiden

                  ________________________________

                • nina.lyulkun@gmail.com
                  Message 8 of 26 , Nov 6, 2009
                    Hi Nelba and all,

                    I am so sorry to be unable to join video conference.
                    Thank you, Nelba, for reminding. I do remember and keep an eye on the
                    program, but my Internet is dead. I hardly can get and send a message
                    through e-mail.

                    I am so sorry,

                    --
                    Nina Lyulkun (Ukraine)
                    Images for Education 2010

                  • Aiden Yeh
                    Message 9 of 26 , Nov 6, 2009
                      Yes, Tere. I checked the moodle but I could not find Vance's session on my Wiziq page. I did find Nellie's session.

                      Aiden

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 26 , Nov 6, 2009
                        Aiden,
                        try this one

                        http://www.wiziq.com/tutorsession/detail.aspx?id=10522148265345B59020ED693112451<http://www.wiziq.com/tutorsession/detail.aspx?id=10522148265345B59020ED693112451%20>

                      • nina.lyulkun@gmail.com
                        Message 11 of 26 , Nov 6, 2009
                          I can't open it because of the very poor internet.

                          2009/11/6 nina.lyulkun@... <nina.lyulkun@...>

                          > Aiden,
                          > try this one
                          >

                          > http://www.wiziq.com/tutorsession/detail.aspx?id=10522148265345B59020ED693112451<http://www.wiziq.com/tutorsession/detail.aspx?id=10522148265345B59020ED693112451%20>
                          >

                          > --
                          Nina Lyulkun (Ukraine)
                          Images for Education 2010

                        • Aiden Yeh
                          Message 12 of 26 , Nov 6, 2009
                            The same Nina. I don't see Vance's session on my Wiziq page? tried searching for it, nada. I did register....

                            hopeless in cold birmingham,

                            aiden

                            ________________________________

                            2009/11/6 nina.lyulkun@ gmail.com <nina.lyulkun@ gmail.com>

                            > Aiden,
                            > try this one
                            >

                            > http://www.wiziq com/tutorsession /detail.aspx? id=1052214826534 5B59020ED6931124 51<http://www.wiziq com/tutorsession /detail.aspx? id=1052214826534 5B59020ED6931124 51%20>
                            >

                            > --
                            Nina Lyulkun (Ukraine)
                            Images for Education 2010

                          • nina.lyulkun@gmail.com
                            Message 13 of 26 , Nov 6, 2009
                              I am sorry, Aiden. I am glad to get TI now. I am still there in your room.

                              See you,

                              Nina

                              --
                              Nina Lyulkun (Ukraine)
                              Images for Education 2010

                                Message 15 of 26 , Nov 6, 2009
                                  It seems that Internet is in my end now, but I am still unable to get to the
                                  WiZiQ. It doesn't show the session.

                                  What's up? I really donno.

                                  2009/11/6 Teresa Almeida d'Eca <tmvaz@...>

                                  > Aiden,
                                  > I believe this is the link.
                                  >
                                  > http://www.wiziq.com/tutorsession/detail.aspx?id=10522148265345B59020ED693112451

                                  This doesn't show the session.

                                  > Hugs, Teresa

                                  -
                                  Nina Lyulkun (Ukraine)
                                  Images for Education 2010

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Nov 6, 2009
                                    Dear Nina,

                                    I just tried the link I sent I sent (from a message sent by Teadira today)
                                    and it takes me to a WizIQ page/homepage (??) and not to the session in
                                    progress. Very strange, because all their links have taken me directly to
                                    the presentation. Just this afternoon for Nik's fabulous session. Hmmm...

                                    Hugs, Teresa

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Nov 6, 2009
                                      Yes, dear Tere,

                                      Same here. I couldn't get in. Perhaps, Aiden couldn't also because of this
                                      reason. I couldn't find the right link as yesterday. I am so sorry.
                                      Hopefully, we'll hear it in record.

                                      The best,
                                      Nina

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Nov 6, 2009
                                        :( I will send the link again for you to see the recording. The session is
                                        still on.

                                        Teadira

                                        2009/11/6 Teresa Almeida d'Eca <tmvaz@...>

                                        > Dear Nina,
                                        >
                                        > I just tried the link I sent I sent (from a message sent by Teadira today)
                                        > and it takes me to a WizIQ page/homepage (??) and not to the session in
                                        > progress. Very strange, because all their links have taken me directly to
                                        > the presentation. Just this afternoon for Nik's fabulous session. Hmmm...
                                        >
                                        > Hugs, Teresa
                                        >

                                        > > It seems that Internet is in my end now, but I am still unable to get to
                                        > > the
                                        > > WiZiQ. It doesn't show the session.
                                        > >
                                        > > What's up? I really donno.
                                        > >

                                        > > 2009/11/6 Teresa Almeida d'Eca <tmvaz@...<tmvaz%40mail.telepac.pt>
                                        > >

                                        > >> Aiden,
                                        > >> I believe this is the link.
                                        > >>

                                        > http://www.wiziq.com/tutorsession/detail.aspx?id=10522148265345B59020ED693112451

                                      • Mary
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Nov 6, 2009
                                          Aiden,

                                          Did you click on the title of the presentation video?

                                          When I clicked on the recording link next to the arrow I got the same
                                          message (not authorized).

                                          However, when I clicked on the title it loaded.

                                          On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Aiden Yeh <aidenyeh@...> wrote:

                                          > Downloaded Google Chrome. Was able to launch the player, but was not able
                                          > to view the recording. it says I'm not authorize to view it.
                                          >
                                          > Are there any other presentations today? friday, sat, or sun?
                                          >
                                          > aiden
                                          >
                                          > ________________________________

                                        • mariel a
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Nov 6, 2009
                                            Try this link for Vance's recording
                                            http://tinyurl.com/ygxj5bw

                                            And this one for a summary of all the presentations
                                            http://avealmec.org.ve/moodle/course/view.php?id=4

                                            Good luck!

                                            Mariel

                                            Message 21 of 26 , Nov 7, 2009
                                              Hi all,

                                              I'm so sorry to hear there was a snag on the link to the live presentation
                                              session. The remarkable thing is that the presentation was well attended,
                                              so some people must have got there through links in the Moodle, or no
                                              telling how. I myself went via a link provided presenters with special
                                              logon instructions, so I didn't notice a problem. Bobbi in the next room
                                              from me also could not reach the presentation. She didn't want to interrupt
                                              me while I was online so she only told me about it afterwards ;-))

                                              The GOOD news is that the presentation appears to have been recorded, and
                                              also I wrote out almost everything I said in advance, only wrote it perhaps
                                              more cogently than I said it, and you can see that here:
                                              http://tinyurl.com/vance-socialnet09

                                              That writeup (a Google Doc) has the slide images, but I'm about to upload
                                              the slides to Slideshare where you'll be able to download them and click on
                                              the links via http://www.slideshare.net/vances. I'm updating links to the
                                              online traces of my presentation at the Google Doc link and at my blog
                                              http://advanceducation.blogspot.com/

                                              So sorry to hear in the light of the following day that so many of my very
                                              BEST online friends had intended to attend but were unable to do so (on the
                                              other hand, probably improved bandwidth for those who were there;-)

                                              And I hope you enjoy the artifacts left online from all the presentations at
                                              the links Mariel provided below. The presentations have been really superb
                                              so far, and a big thanks to our colleagues in Venezuela and Argentina who
                                              have gone to the trouble to lay on this 4-day virtual party for us, and done
                                              such a really good job of creating web signposts for us, keeping us all
                                              informed, supporting presenters, and making sure that things go well. It's
                                              been great so far and here's looking forward to the next two days.

                                              > And this one for a summary of all the presentations
                                              > http://avealmec.org.ve/moodle/course/view.php?id=4
                                              >
                                              > Good luck!
                                              >
                                              > Mariel
                                              >

                                              > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "nina.lyulkun@..."
                                              > <nina.lyulkun@...> wrote:
                                              >>
                                              >> Yes, dear Tere,
                                              >>
                                              >> Same here. I couldn't get in. Perhaps, Aiden couldn't also because of
                                              >> this
                                              >> reason. I couldn't find the right link as yesterday. I am so sorry.
                                              >> Hopefully, we'll hear it in record.
                                              >>
                                              >> The best,
                                              >> Nina

                                            • John Hibbs
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Nov 9, 2009
                                                At 11:26 AM -0800 11/7/09, Vance Stevens wrote:
                                                snip snip

                                                > and also I wrote out almost everything I said in advance, only
                                                >wrote it perhaps
                                                >more cogently than I said it, and you can see that here:
                                                >http://tinyurl.com/vance-socialnet09

                                                snip snip

                                                I encourage all of you, even including those that attended the
                                                conference, to view Vance's abstract. When he writes, as above, that
                                                the document could be more "cogent" than as said, live, that may or
                                                may not be true.

                                                What IS most certainly true is that Vance's abstract could constitute
                                                the makings of a one year course, held three times a week, with two
                                                hours in each class session; even son, we at the end, and as
                                                students, would STILL have a hard time comprehending the full scope
                                                of the Vance's thinking.

                                                Webheads is an amazing, amazing group. And no wonder. It is lead by
                                                someone of enormous energy, brain power, and most important of all:
                                                Leadership ability. Just think how hard is to lead 831 cats, all of
                                                whom make valuable contributions. Nice work Vance. Very nice.

                                                To all of you: Congratulations for a fine, fine event. I have spent
                                                the last several hours trying to digest a wee portion of it.

                                                Hibbs