Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Digitizing slides and 35mm film

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2009
      Thanks for that, Nik. Off to look. The local shop told me it would costs 800
      Euro - but then they had ainvested interest in getting me to use their
      service.

      Dennis

      --
      Dennis Newson, retired,
      Formerly: University of Osnabr´┐Żck.

    • Nergiz
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2009
        Hi Dennis, hi Nick

        Like with digital cameras, there are scanners for all kinds of prices and purposes.
        First, you should decide what you want to do with the digitized slides. Is it only for archiving purposes or for watching them on screen? Or do you think you might want to have them printed on paper at some time and if so in what size? Do you want to be able to make adjustments (e.g. colour settings) or scan everything automatically with no chance of intervention? Etc.

        What I would then do, is take a couple of slides (some lighter some darker, etc) and test the scanner before buying it.

        Best

        Nergiz