Dennis: Question about digitalizing slides

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2009
      Here is a good techie question.

      I'd like to digitalise/ize my collection of slides/ Dias, coloured pictures
      for projection, remember them?, and I'm not interested in some photo lab
      doing it for me.

      Does anyone know of, can you recommend the program and equipment I need?
      I'm PC not Mac.

      Dennis aka Denos

      --
      Dennis Newson, retired,
      Formerly: University of Osnabrück.

    • Gavin Dudeney
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2009
        Dennis,

        This guide might help:

        http://www.jiscdigitalmedia.ac.uk/stillimages/advice/converting-your-slides-
        into-digital-images/

        NOTE: Being entirely pragmatic, if you have only a small collection of
        slides to scan then getting them done by a scanning bureau might well be the
        easiest and cheapest solution. However, if you have a large collection and
        foresee a steady need for the equipment then it will make sense to do the
        digitisation yourself.

        Gavin

        c/ Ceramica 54, 08035 Barcelona, Spain

        Tel: +34 93 427 4240 | +44 20 7193 0770

        http://www.theconsultants-e.com <http://www.theconsultants-e.com/>

        Sole Online Providers: CertIBET and CertICT - http://tinyurl.com/3s3mm7

        Winners: 2007 British Council ELTON award - http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54

        Winners: 2007 Ben Warren Trust Prize - <http://tinyurl.com/6yolo4>
        http://tinyurl.com/6yolo4

        Owners: Second Life EduNation sims - http://tinyurl.com/34l8mw

        CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

        I'd like to digitalise/ize my collection of slides/ Dias, coloured pictures
        for projection, remember them?, and I'm not interested in some photo lab
        doing it for me.

        Does anyone know of, can you recommend the program and equipment I need?
        I'm PC not Mac.

        Dennis aka Denos

        --
        Dennis Newson, retired,
        Formerly: University of Osnabrück.
        Webhead, member of SLexperiments.
        Moderator OWL and YLTSIG lists,
        Member of IATEFL YLTSIG committee.
        Resident of Second Life.
        Founder of a number of TEFL lists.
        http://www.dennisnewson.de

        20:38:00

      • Dennis Newson
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2009
          Gavin,

          Thanks muchly. I found out this afternoon that here in Germany I can get 100
          slides done for about 30 Euro. That sounds the way to go since the equipment
          needed would costs at least 800 Euro.

          Dennis