I cannot log in to the conference at 'AVEALMEC'

  • Mary
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2009
      Can anyone help?

      It said my account has been disabled.

      I found this out when I tried to respond to the invitation to start
      commenting on the forums that open today.

      Thanks in advance!

      P.S. Could it have anything to do with google wave? I also was locked out of
      the google group, trocadeatividadesdeingles, whild loggin to my google wave
      account, but could access it after signing out of google wave and rebooting.

      http://trocadeatividadesdeingles.ning.com also will not let me upload my
      monthly contribution. Google wave is the only thing that has changed on my
      computer.

      P.P.S.
      I am still in the dark about being added to the Webheads google wave. I
      didn`t see it in my wave account, if someone has added me. How would I know
      and be able to access it?

      Many thanks.

      Invitation below:

      Invitation to Join Our Forums

      We are happy to announce that the pre-conference activity will start
      today! You need to start sharing ideas and posting your views in our
      forums:

      Unveiling Connectivist Learning

      The aim of this forum is to explore and discuss issues related to
      connectivism by sharing our own experiences, resources and
      discoveries.

      E-moderators: Carla Raguseo (ARCALL) and Elvina Castillo (AVEALMEC)

      Communities of Practice

      You may hear educationalists use the term Community of Practice to
      refer to communities of practice, classes, groups, professional
      bodies, teams, networks, etc. as communities at some stage. But, Is
      there any difference among these definitions? What is a community of
      practice?

      E-moderators: Nelba Quintana (ARCALL) , Evelyn Izquierdo and Nahir
      Aparicio (AVEALMEC)

      Social Networks and ELT

      This forum is aimed at the discussion on the use of Social Networks in
      English Language Teaching and learning, and especially focuses on the
      way their features can contribute such processes.

      E-moderators: Maricarmen Gamero (AVEALMEC), Jennifer Verschoor and
      Paula Ledesma (ARCALL)

      Second Life, Social Networks and ELT

      This forum aims at reflecting on the power of virtual world to connect
      with others and its potential in offering people different and more
      authentic experiences to learn.

      E-moderators: Miguel Mendoza, Dafne Gonzalez and Evelyn Izquierdo (AVEALMEC)

      This is an opportunity of e-meeting participants and e-speakers.

      Join us!

    • Mary
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2009
        Thank you whoever enabled my AVEALMEC account. One problem solved.

        That only leaves the google wave (and ning) issue.

        Hope to see you at the conference today, and i hope someone will please add
        me to the google wave soon, too.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2009
          A little bird whispered in my ear that the Moodle site was temporarily down.
          I'm sure they'll bring it back up again shortly. This is pure rumor so
          please disregard this posting.

          :-)

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2009
            Hi dear all!

            The Moodle site was temporarily down last night (Nov. 31st) when closing registrations. We are so sorry. Fortunately, it was solved inmediately and everything is working OK now. Another good news is that the registration process was extended and you can join us if you haven't already. http://www.avealmec.org.ve/moodle

            Thanks Vance for your reply. We are so happy and honored to have you and other Webheads as guest speakers.

            Hugs,

            Evelyn Izquierdo
            Escuela de Educación
            Universidad Central de Venezuela