EFL in Brazilian 'favelas'

  • MichaelIvy
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2009
      To anyone who can help. Apologies if this post is off-topic.

      I have a friend who is looking for EFL books suitable for use in schools in 'favelas' in Brazil. I quote her message to me:-

      "I wonder if you can help with the name of a course book suitable for primary age kids NOT Europe based in content, for use in Brazil to teach English to deprived children in favelas. I went to look in bookshops, but all EFL books seem aimed at Europe, and often at older children. Tried websites, but not enough info re content available. Any suggestions welcome."

      If anyone can help me I would be most grateful for a reply, preferably off this list. I can be reached at michaelivy@...

      Many thanks in advance!
      Mike