Re: [evonline2002_webheads] congrats, Brazil!!!

  • Carla arena
    Message 1 of 29 , Oct 3, 2009
      Yes, Tom. English will certainly be prevalent, and we'll certainly have
      special classes having the World Cup and the Olympics in mind.
      Carla
      http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com

      On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 7:22 AM, Tom Zurinskas <tzurinskas@...>wrote:

      > Congratulations Brazil. I wonder. How will language be handled for the
      > Olympics? Will English be prevelant?
      >
      > Tom Zurinskas, USA - CT20, TN3, NJ33, FL7+
      > see truespel.com phonetic spelling
      >
      > ________________________________
      >
      > > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com<evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>
      > > From: carlaarena@... <carlaarena%40gmail.com>
      > > Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 06:40:16 -0300
      > > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] congrats, Brazil!!!

      > > Carla
      > >
      > > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
      > >

      > > My dearest Webheads,
      > >
      > > It was lunch time here in Brazil when the announcement was made. Holiday
      > in
      > >
      > > Rio. We were glued to our TVs. Brazil celebrated. Never has it been so
      > >
      > > exciting to be an English teacher. Now Brazilians have a true reason, a
      > real
      > >
      > > motivation to learn English and have their open arms to host the World
      > Cup
      > >
      > > and the Olympic games!
      > >

      > > We'd love to have the Webheads here with us to cheer and celebrate!
      > >

      > > Beijos,
      > >
      > > Carla
      > >
      > > On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
      > >
      > > >wrote:
      > >

      > > > Dear Brazilian friends,
      > >

      > > > A very hearty congratulations for Rio winning the 2016 Olympic Games!
      > Way
      > >
      > > > to go!!! :-))
      > >

      > > > It'll be a memorable event in a beautiful city!
      > >

      > > > Hugs and beijinhos all, Teresa
      > >
      > > > .

    • Carla Maria FORLIN
      Message 2 of 29 , Oct 3, 2009
        Thank you!

        We are all waiting for you here

        Carla Maria Forlin

      • nina.lyulkun@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 29 , Oct 3, 2009
          Congratulations to all Brazilians-webheads and everyone in Brazil!!!
          You really deserve that decision.

          Keep happy and a great success!

          Nina from Ukraine.

        • mbarek akaddar
          Message 4 of 29 , Oct 3, 2009
            Dear Isabel , Carla , Claudia ,
            *Congratulations from the bottom of my heart to Brazil and Brazilians for
            choosing Rio for the 2016 Olympic games .You deserve it !*
            *Hugs from Morocco *
            *
            *
            Mbarek

            On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 7:09 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
            <tmvaz@...>wrote:

            > Dear Brazilian friends,
            >
            > A very hearty congratulations for Rio winning the 2016 Olympic Games! Way
            > to go!!! :-))
            >
            > It'll be a memorable event in a beautiful city!
            >
            > Hugs and beijinhos all, Teresa

          • bleiva2003
            Message 5 of 29 , Oct 3, 2009
              I join all the friends who have congratulated Brazilian Webheads and everyone in Brazil for such a success. Thanks for bringing the Olympics to South America. You`ll be wonderful hosts !!!

              Cariños, Berta
            • Maryanne
              Message 6 of 29 , Oct 3, 2009
                Congratulations to all Brazilian webheads. Felicidades!!!

                Maryanne
              • Evelyn Izquierdo
                Message 7 of 29 , Oct 3, 2009
                  Dear Carla and all Brazilian Webheads,

                  I join all in their congrat words to you.  I'm sure you will be excellent hosts.
                  Great moment to celebrate in Latin America!

                  Cheers!!!!!!!

                  Evelyn Izquierdo
                  Escuela de Educación
                  Universidad Central de Venezuela
                  http://mymuvenationexperience.blogspot.com/
                  http://beyondtheenglishclassroomwalls.blogspot.com/

                  http://worldcall2008japan.blogspot.com/

                  <tmvaz@.... pt>wrote:

                  > Dear Brazilian friends,
                  >
                  > A very hearty congratulations for Rio winning the 2016 Olympic Games! Way
                  > to go!!! :-))
                  >
                  > It'll be a memorable event in a beautiful city!
                  >
                  > Hugs and beijinhos all, Teresa
                  > .

                • GLENN VANCE STEVENS
                  Message 8 of 29 , Oct 3, 2009
                    Somehow Chicago didn't seem quite right

                    Go for the Ginga!

                    Message 9 of 29 , Oct 3, 2009
                      My dear Brasilian friends,

                      Congratulations! I am so happy for you.

                      Natasa Bozic Grojic
                    • Dennis O
                      Message 10 of 29 , Oct 4, 2009
                        In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Teresa sent, in message #23561, her
                        congratulations to our Brazilian friends re the announcement that Rio de Janeiro
                        would host the 2016 Olympic Games.

                        I add my heartiest congratulations: Felicitações! This is just WONDERFUL news!

                        Although Illinois is my home state and I naturally sympathize with the folks who
                        are disappointed that Chicago was not chosen, I'll have to admit that if _I_ had
                        had to make the choice of cities, I would also have voted for Rio. It will, I'm
                        100% sure, be a splendid Olympics site characterized by the warmth and ingenuity
                        and ginga that we see demonstrated time and time again by our Brazilian
                        colleagues and friends.

                        I'm also 100% sure that our Brazilian Webheads will be heavily involved in
                        providing English and tech support. I imagine that they've already started
                        making plans, in fact.

                        Once again, Felicitações! Parabéns!

                        Com muitos fortes abraços--

                        the ever-lurking Dennis in Phoenix
                      • susaneburg
                        Message 11 of 29 , Oct 4, 2009
                          Congratulations to all Brazilians for Rio 2016!!!!

                          I think Rio will be super festive for the games and I am really happy for you. English will definitely be a great project and now there is a real motive for learning it.

                          hugs Susan

                          > My dearest Webheads,
                          > It was lunch time here in Brazil when the announcement was made. Holiday in
                          > Rio. We were glued to our TVs. Brazil celebrated. Never has it been so
                          > exciting to be an English teacher. Now Brazilians have a true reason, a real
                          > motivation to learn English and have their open arms to host the World Cup
                          > and the Olympic games!
                          >
                          > We'd love to have the Webheads here with us to cheer and celebrate!
                          >
                          > Beijos,
                          > Carla
                          > On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
                          > <tmvaz@...>wrote:
                          >

                          > > Dear Brazilian friends,
                          > >
                          > > A very hearty congratulations for Rio winning the 2016 Olympic Games! Way
                          > > to go!!! :-))
                          > >
                          > > It'll be a memorable event in a beautiful city!
                          > >
                          > > Hugs and beijinhos all, Teresa
                          > > .

                        • nouredine laouni
                          Message 12 of 29 , Oct 4, 2009
                            hi all Brzilian webheads ,
                            congratulations from all the bottom of our hearts . surely you deserve hosting the event.
                            hugs  Isabel , Carla and the rest from Brazil.
                            nour
                            Morocco

                          • Stella Saubidet
                            Message 13 of 29 , Oct 4, 2009
                              Congrats from the South, too.

                              As Bee said you ARE going to celebrate!!

                              As Jose Antonio said, we hope this is not an opportunity for polititians and corrupt people to become richer!!!

                              stella (from Argentina)

                            • Isabel Teixeira
                              Message 14 of 29 , Oct 4, 2009
                                De
                                 Dear Mbarek and Nour,

                                Thanks for your kind words. I´m sure if you come to Brazil we´ll have as much fun as I had in Morocco. We also love music and it´ll be an honour to have you here.

                                Hugs,
                                Isabel Cristina de Araújo Teixeira

                                ________________________________
                                De: mbarek akaddar <akaddar13@...>
                                Para: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
                                Enviadas: Sábado, 3 de Outubro de 2009 11:08:22

                                <tmvaz@.... pt>wrote:

                                > Dear Brazilian friends,
                                >
                                > A very hearty congratulations for Rio winning the 2016 Olympic Games! Way
                                > to go!!! :-))
                                >
                                > It'll be a memorable event in a beautiful city!
                                >
                                > Hugs and beijinhos all, Teresa

                              • Nina Liakos
                                Message 15 of 29 , Oct 4, 2009
                                  It's about time the Olympics went to South America! Way to go, Brazil!
                                  Nina Liakos