Re: [evonline2002_webheads] congrats, Brazil!!!

  • Evelyn Izquierdo
    Message 1 of 29 , Oct 2, 2009
      Erika, let's see what's coming first, the WorldCALL or the Olympic Games. I hope to be in both. Please, prepare a bed for me and many more, he he he.

      Love,

      Evelyn Izquierdo
      Escuela de Educación
      Universidad Central de Venezuela
      http://mymuvenationexperience.blogspot.com/
      http://beyondtheenglishclassroomwalls.blogspot.com/

      http://worldcall2008japan.blogspot.com/

      Message 2 of 29 , Oct 3, 2009
        Carla
        http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com

        My dearest Webheads,
        It was lunch time here in Brazil when the announcement was made. Holiday in
        Rio. We were glued to our TVs. Brazil celebrated. Never has it been so
        exciting to be an English teacher. Now Brazilians have a true reason, a real
        motivation to learn English and have their open arms to host the World Cup
        and the Olympic games!

        We'd love to have the Webheads here with us to cheer and celebrate!

        Beijos,
        Carla
        On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
        <tmvaz@...>wrote:

        > Dear Brazilian friends,
        >
        > A very hearty congratulations for Rio winning the 2016 Olympic Games! Way
        > to go!!! :-))
        >
        > It'll be a memorable event in a beautiful city!
        >
        > Hugs and beijinhos all, Teresa
        > .

      • Tom Zurinskas
        Message 3 of 29 , Oct 3, 2009
          Congratulations Brazil. I wonder. How will language be handled for the Olympics? Will English be prevelant?

          see truespel.com phonetic spelling

          ________________________________
          > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
          > From: carlaarena@...
          > Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 06:40:16 -0300
          > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] congrats, Brazil!!!

          > Carla
          >
          > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
          >

          > My dearest Webheads,
          >
          > It was lunch time here in Brazil when the announcement was made. Holiday in
          >
          > Rio. We were glued to our TVs. Brazil celebrated. Never has it been so
          >
          > exciting to be an English teacher. Now Brazilians have a true reason, a real
          >
          > motivation to learn English and have their open arms to host the World Cup
          >
          > and the Olympic games!
          >

          > We'd love to have the Webheads here with us to cheer and celebrate!
          >

          > Beijos,
          >
          > Carla
          >
          > On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
          >
          > >wrote:
          >

          > > Dear Brazilian friends,
          >

          > > A very hearty congratulations for Rio winning the 2016 Olympic Games! Way
          >
          > > to go!!! :-))
          >

          > > It'll be a memorable event in a beautiful city!
          >

          > > Hugs and beijinhos all, Teresa
          >
          > > .

        • Carla arena
          Message 4 of 29 , Oct 3, 2009
            Yes, Tom. English will certainly be prevalent, and we'll certainly have
            special classes having the World Cup and the Olympics in mind.

            On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 7:22 AM, Tom Zurinskas <tzurinskas@...>wrote:

            > Congratulations Brazil. I wonder. How will language be handled for the
            > Olympics? Will English be prevelant?
            >
            > Tom Zurinskas, USA - CT20, TN3, NJ33, FL7+
            > see truespel.com phonetic spelling
            >
            > ________________________________
            >
            > > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com<evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>
            > > From: carlaarena@... <carlaarena%40gmail.com>
            > > Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 06:40:16 -0300
            > > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] congrats, Brazil!!!

            > > Carla
            > >
            > > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
            > >

            > > My dearest Webheads,
            > >
            > > It was lunch time here in Brazil when the announcement was made. Holiday
            > in
            > >
            > > Rio. We were glued to our TVs. Brazil celebrated. Never has it been so
            > >
            > > exciting to be an English teacher. Now Brazilians have a true reason, a
            > real
            > >
            > > motivation to learn English and have their open arms to host the World
            > Cup
            > >
            > > and the Olympic games!
            > >

            > > We'd love to have the Webheads here with us to cheer and celebrate!
            > >

            > > Beijos,
            > >
            > > Carla
            > >
            > > On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
            > >
            > > >wrote:
            > >

            > > > Dear Brazilian friends,
            > >

            > > > A very hearty congratulations for Rio winning the 2016 Olympic Games!
            > Way
            > >
            > > > to go!!! :-))
            > >

            > > > It'll be a memorable event in a beautiful city!
            > >

            > > > Hugs and beijinhos all, Teresa
            > >
            > > > .

          • Carla Maria FORLIN
            Message 5 of 29 , Oct 3, 2009
              Thank you!

              We are all waiting for you here

              Carla Maria Forlin

            • nina.lyulkun@gmail.com
              Message 6 of 29 , Oct 3, 2009
                Congratulations to all Brazilians-webheads and everyone in Brazil!!!
                You really deserve that decision.

                Keep happy and a great success!

                Nina from Ukraine.

              • mbarek akaddar
                Message 7 of 29 , Oct 3, 2009
                  Dear Isabel , Carla , Claudia ,
                  *Congratulations from the bottom of my heart to Brazil and Brazilians for
                  choosing Rio for the 2016 Olympic games .You deserve it !*
                  *Hugs from Morocco *
                  *
                  *
                  Mbarek

                  On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 7:09 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
                  <tmvaz@...>wrote:

                  > Dear Brazilian friends,
                  >
                  > A very hearty congratulations for Rio winning the 2016 Olympic Games! Way
                  > to go!!! :-))
                  >
                  > It'll be a memorable event in a beautiful city!
                  >
                  > Hugs and beijinhos all, Teresa

                • bleiva2003
                  Message 8 of 29 , Oct 3, 2009
                    I join all the friends who have congratulated Brazilian Webheads and everyone in Brazil for such a success. Thanks for bringing the Olympics to South America. You`ll be wonderful hosts !!!

                    Cariños, Berta
                  • Maryanne
                    Message 9 of 29 , Oct 3, 2009
                      Congratulations to all Brazilian webheads. Felicidades!!!

                      Maryanne
                    • Evelyn Izquierdo
                      Message 10 of 29 , Oct 3, 2009
                        Dear Carla and all Brazilian Webheads,

                        I join all in their congrat words to you.  I'm sure you will be excellent hosts.
                        Great moment to celebrate in Latin America!

                        Cheers!!!!!!!

                        <tmvaz@.... pt>wrote:

                        > Dear Brazilian friends,
                        >
                        > A very hearty congratulations for Rio winning the 2016 Olympic Games! Way
                        > to go!!! :-))
                        >
                        > It'll be a memorable event in a beautiful city!
                        >
                        > Hugs and beijinhos all, Teresa
                        > .

                      • GLENN VANCE STEVENS
                        Message 11 of 29 , Oct 3, 2009
                          Somehow Chicago didn't seem quite right

                          Go for the Ginga!

                          Message 12 of 29 , Oct 3, 2009
                            My dear Brasilian friends,

                            Congratulations! I am so happy for you.

                            Natasa Bozic Grojic
                          • Dennis O
                            Message 13 of 29 , Oct 4, 2009
                              In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Teresa sent, in message #23561, her
                              congratulations to our Brazilian friends re the announcement that Rio de Janeiro
                              would host the 2016 Olympic Games.

                              I add my heartiest congratulations: Felicitações! This is just WONDERFUL news!

                              Although Illinois is my home state and I naturally sympathize with the folks who
                              are disappointed that Chicago was not chosen, I'll have to admit that if _I_ had
                              had to make the choice of cities, I would also have voted for Rio. It will, I'm
                              100% sure, be a splendid Olympics site characterized by the warmth and ingenuity
                              and ginga that we see demonstrated time and time again by our Brazilian
                              colleagues and friends.

                              I'm also 100% sure that our Brazilian Webheads will be heavily involved in
                              providing English and tech support. I imagine that they've already started
                              making plans, in fact.

                              Once again, Felicitações! Parabéns!

                              Com muitos fortes abraços--

                              the ever-lurking Dennis in Phoenix
                            • susaneburg
                              Message 14 of 29 , Oct 4, 2009
                                Congratulations to all Brazilians for Rio 2016!!!!

                                I think Rio will be super festive for the games and I am really happy for you. English will definitely be a great project and now there is a real motive for learning it.

                                hugs Susan

                                > My dearest Webheads,
                                > It was lunch time here in Brazil when the announcement was made. Holiday in
                                > Rio. We were glued to our TVs. Brazil celebrated. Never has it been so
                                > exciting to be an English teacher. Now Brazilians have a true reason, a real
                                > motivation to learn English and have their open arms to host the World Cup
                                > and the Olympic games!
                                >
                                > We'd love to have the Webheads here with us to cheer and celebrate!
                                >
                                > Beijos,
                                > Carla
                                > On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
                                > <tmvaz@...>wrote:
                                >

                                > > Dear Brazilian friends,
                                > >
                                > > A very hearty congratulations for Rio winning the 2016 Olympic Games! Way
                                > > to go!!! :-))
                                > >
                                > > It'll be a memorable event in a beautiful city!
                                > >
                                > > Hugs and beijinhos all, Teresa
                                > > .

                              • nouredine laouni
                                Message 15 of 29 , Oct 4, 2009
                                  hi all Brzilian webheads ,
                                  congratulations from all the bottom of our hearts . surely you deserve hosting the event.
                                  hugs  Isabel , Carla and the rest from Brazil.
                                  nour
                                  Morocco

                                • Stella Saubidet
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Oct 4, 2009
                                    Congrats from the South, too.

                                    As Bee said you ARE going to celebrate!!

                                    As Jose Antonio said, we hope this is not an opportunity for polititians and corrupt people to become richer!!!

                                    stella (from Argentina)

                                  • Isabel Teixeira
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Oct 4, 2009
                                      De
                                       Dear Mbarek and Nour,

                                      Thanks for your kind words. I´m sure if you come to Brazil we´ll have as much fun as I had in Morocco. We also love music and it´ll be an honour to have you here.

                                      Hugs,
                                      Isabel Cristina de Araújo Teixeira

                                      ________________________________
                                      De: mbarek akaddar <akaddar13@...>
                                      Para: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
                                      Enviadas: Sábado, 3 de Outubro de 2009 11:08:22

                                      <tmvaz@.... pt>wrote:

                                      > Dear Brazilian friends,
                                      >
                                      > A very hearty congratulations for Rio winning the 2016 Olympic Games! Way
                                      > to go!!! :-))
                                      >
                                      > It'll be a memorable event in a beautiful city!
                                      >
                                      > Hugs and beijinhos all, Teresa

                                    • Nina Liakos
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Oct 4, 2009
                                        It's about time the Olympics went to South America! Way to go, Brazil!
                                        Nina Liakos