An 11th Hour Announcement

  • Dennis O
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2009
      Hi, everyone.

      I'm pleased to announce that AZ-TESOL (the Arizona state affiliate of TESOL, Inc.) has taken two important steps toward integration of technology:

      1. Later today (at GMT 21:30--1:30 PM, Arizona time), we will offer our first-ever online presentation: Carla Arena will present live, via the Webheads Elluminate Room, from Brasília, Brasil to attendees at our 2009 state conference in Yuma, Arizona. Carla's presentation is entitled "A Potpourri of Cool Tools for the Language Classroom" and will consist of " . . . an overview of some user-friendly Web tools to foster creativity, interaction, and language production."

      Time: 20:30 GMT (1:30 PM, Arizona time)

      2. We've also put our conference program book online, both as a .pdf and as a "page-flip" file. The version that is currently online has a few formatting problems (the result, I assume, of forgetting to save changes in Word before assembling a composite document via Acrobat Professional), but it's still more up-to-date than the paper document (which went to the printer last week). I'm particularly interested in your reactions (post them here) to the "page-flip" version. You can see it here:

      <http://tinyurl.com/yeg223q>.

      The "page-flip" version will remain at that location for two days, after which time the URL is likely to change. If that happens and there's interest in this project, let me know via EVO2002 and I'll post the updated URL.

      I hope to meet you online at 20:30 GMT in the Webheads Elluminate Room for Carla's presentation!

      Sincerely,

      the ever-lurking Dennis in Phoenix

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 4, 2009
        Hi, Vance!

        Your tinyURL doesn't take me to Carla's session, only to the Webheads' LT
        Room and I can't find the link. Help!!!!!

        Hugs, Teresa

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 4, 2009
          Vance,

          It works, but I don't think it's Carla's session. It's in Spanish. And I
          don't see Dennis Oliver's name, nor Carla's. Hmm......

          Thanks anyway.

          Teresa

          > Hi Tere,
          >
          > Try this one: http://tinyurl.com/ydqst4b
          >
          > does it work?
          >
          > Vance

        • Fernanda Rodrigues
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 4, 2009
            Hi
            The slideshare of Carla's presentation is here:
            http://brazilbridges.pbworks.com/AZTESOL

            She recorded the session. Perhaps it's not yet online.

            Fernanda

            --
            Fernanda Rodrigues <m.f.d.rodrigues@...>
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 4, 2009
              Yes!!!! I'm listening to Carla!

              Thanks, Vance!!!! :-))

              Hugs, Teresa

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 4, 2009
                Thanks, Fernanda!

                Vance's latest link is the one! I just noticed that it's the same link he
                sent first. I wonder why it didn't work then. Mystery....

                Beijinhos, Teresa

              • nina.lyulkun@gmail.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 4, 2009
                  Yes, Vance, this link works pretty good and I am happy to listen to sweet
                  voices of Carla and Dennis there, I joined later.

                  Nina Lyulkun

                  2009/10/5 Vance Stevens <vstevens@...>

                  > noooo
                  >
                  > sorry, try this one http://tinyurl.com/091002carlarena
                  >
                  > Vance

                • Dennis Newson
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 4, 2009
                    Tried to attend, but I saw the messagae late and think I was one hour out.

                    The other Dennis

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 4, 2009
                      Dear Carla and Dennis,

                      I couldn't make the presentation, but just listened to it. Carla, I really
                      enjoyed it and liked many of the points you brought up about the tools and
                      their use. Very clear and informative in a very pleasant way. I also liked
                      the images in the slides. Congrats! Way to go!!!!

                      I've just included the links in the WiA Index page (under Presentations).
                      http://64.71.48.37/teresadeca/webheads/wia-index.htm

                      Beijinhos both, Teresa

                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 4, 2009
                          Hi Tere,