Social Networking: Thriving as a Community of Practice

  • mmendoza97
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2009
      Dear friends,

      We are delighted to inform you that from November 5-8, 2009, we will be
      running the Social Networking 2009 Conference. This open-knowledge event
      will be completely online and free and it is aimed at ELT practitioners
      to grow in the use of social networks as learning development tools
      encouraging practioners to reflect on the role of communities of
      practice as a social network in ELT.

      This event is being jointly organized by AVEALMEC and ARCALL, two
      Latin-American associations, one based in Venezuela and the other in
      Argentina, interested in promoting the use of ICT in the language
      classroom.

      For this event, we invited conference speakers from different parts of
      the world:

      George Siemens -Canada

      Etienne Wenger -US

      Vance Stevens -UAE

      Nik Peachey -UK

      Charalambos Vrasidas and Maria Solomou -Cyprus

      Nicky Hockly -Spain

      Erica Cruvinel and Ronaldo Lima –Brazil

      Rita Zeinstejer and Paula Ledesma -Argentina

      Nellie Müller Deustch –Israel

      Carla Arena –Brazil

      Graham Stanley –Spain

      Jennifer Verschoor, Evelyn Izquierdo and Erica Cruvinel –Argentina,
      Venezuela, Brazil

      During four days, our guest speakers will be sharing their experiences
      and expertise with participants and will help us grasp a better picture
      of how social networks can be used in the language teaching and learning
      field. We will be discussing about the concepts and theories around
      social networks, communities of practice and the Web 2.0, as well as
      about the use, advantages and drawbacks of social networking tools.

      Join us and participate in this amazing learning experience!

      http://avealmec.org.ve/

      Spread the word! Let´s get socially connected!