{Disarmed} RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: List of useful links for students

  • Natasha Jovanovich
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
      Gavin and all

      Come to think of it, all of this is a prep stage for the forthcoming debate
      on another platform late September
      which I fear will fail to deliver :( unless loads of darling webheads join
      it :)

      Natasha

      _____

      From: evonline2002_ <mailto:evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>
      webheads@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
        Vielen Dank, Ingrid!. The Tizmo example is really nice, and I'm setting one up for some teacher training courses. I can imagine these visuals will help calm nervous students!

        Charles

        *************

        Charles Hall, Ph.D., dr. h.c.

        University of Memphis, Department of English

        Applied Linguistics and EFL/ESL

        901.313.4496

        www.charleshall.info www.l4law.org

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
          Hi Ingrid,

          I think Wallwisher could be a good option:
          http://www.wallwisher.com/
          You can add not only pages but also notes, images, videos, music, etc.

          You can get a taste of how it looks and works on Nik Peachey's Wallwisher: http://www.wallwisher.com/wall/teachersweb20

          Best,
          Mary

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "ingridbraband" <ibraband@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > I know this is very basic - but some of our teachers want to make a list of useful websites for students.
          > Where would you do it?
          >
          > I played around with Tizmos and started creating a website with links, it looks like this:
          > http://www.tizmos.com/ingridbr
          > Not bad - but - when you add more sites it gets really overloaded and it is difficult to find things.
          > The problem I see as well is that you cannot give much information about the website so it would be a lot of clicking for the students to find out if the website is good or not.
          >
          > Second idea was "pageflakes", see what I have done:
          > http://www.pageflakes.com/ibraband/27672883
          > But - you can only add feeds (rss feeds, podcasts)and no websites.
          >
          > So, my last idea is to work with "Delicious".
          >
          > Or are there any other possibilities that you can recommend?
          >
          > Thanks for your help
          >
          > Ingrid

        • williamezimmerman
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
            Dear Dr. Hall,
            I hope you'll include MakeBeliefsComix.com on your list of useful resources for teachers. On the site students can create their own comic strips online, and it's a very useful resource for encouraging writing, reading and storytelling.
            Sincerely,
            Bill Zimmerman
            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Charles Hall <charleshall@...> wrote:

            > Vielen Dank, Ingrid!. The Tizmo example is really nice, and I'm setting one up for some teacher training courses. I can imagine these visuals will help calm nervous students!
            >
            > Charles
            >

            > *************
            >
            > Charles Hall, Ph.D., dr. h.c.
            >
            > University of Memphis, Department of English
            >
            > Applied Linguistics and EFL/ESL
            >
            > 901.313.4496
            >

            > www.charleshall.info www.l4law.org

          • Helping North
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
              There have been great suggestions!
              May be you also want to have a look at the wiki where I have been keeping some myself

              You are all welcome to join and contribute suggestions there too! Thanks

              http://www.teach-with-internet.wikispaces.com/

              Paula

              I think Wallwisher could be a good option:
              http://www.wallwish er.com/
              You can add not only pages but also notes, images, videos, music, etc.

              You can get a taste of how it looks and works on Nik Peachey's Wallwisher: http://www.wallwish er.com/wall/ teachersweb20

              Best,
              Mary

              --- In evonline2002_ webheads@ yahoogroups. com, "ingridbraband" <ibraband@.. .> wrote:

              > Hello,
              >
              > I know this is very basic - but some of our teachers want to make a list of useful websites for students.
              > Where would you do it?
              >
              > I played around with Tizmos and started creating a website with links, it looks like this:
              > http://www.tizmos com/ingridbr
              > Not bad - but - when you add more sites it gets really overloaded and it is difficult to find things.
              > The problem I see as well is that you cannot give much information about the website so it would be a lot of clicking for the students to find out if the website is good or not.
              >
              > Second idea was "pageflakes" , see what I have done:
              > http://www.pageflak es.com/ibraband/ 27672883
              > But - you can only add feeds (rss feeds, podcasts)and no websites.
              >
              > So, my last idea is to work with "Delicious".
              >
              > Or are there any other possibilities that you can recommend?
              >
              > Thanks for your help
              >
              > Ingrid

              Yahoo! Cocina

              http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/

            • ingridbraband
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 5, 2009
                Hello,
                thanks everybody for your useful ideas!
                Will check them all - this will keep me busy for some time.
                Have a good time
                Ingrid