RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: List of useful links for students

  • Gavin Dudeney
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
      Folks,

      Over on the IATEFL Teacher Trainers and Educators list, Scott Thornbury is
      looking for the answer to the following question:

      In short, I want evidence that helps proves or disprove the claim that
      "Teaching with technology is a difficult thing to do well." Matthew J.
      Koehler and Punya Mishra 2009: What Is Technological Pedagogical Content
      Knowledge?
      http://www.citejournal.org/vol9/iss1/general/article1.cfm

      If you'd like to help, you can find the group here:

      Best,

      Gavin

      c/ Ceramica 54, 08035 Barcelona, Spain

      Tel: +34 93 427 4240 | +44 20 7193 0770

      http://www.theconsultants-e.com <http://www.theconsultants-e.com/>

      Sole Online Providers: CertIBET and CertICT - http://tinyurl.com/3s3mm7

      Winners: 2007 British Council ELTON award - http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54

      Winners: 2007 Ben Warren Trust Prize - <http://tinyurl.com/6yolo4>
      http://tinyurl.com/6yolo4

      Owners: Second Life EduNation sims - http://tinyurl.com/34l8mw

      CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
        Gavin and all

        Come to think of it, all of this is a prep stage for the forthcoming debate
        on another platform late September
        which I fear will fail to deliver :( unless loads of darling webheads join
        it :)

        Natasha

        _____

        Over on the IATEFL Teacher Trainers and Educators list, Scott Thornbury is
        looking for the answer to the following question:

        In short, I want evidence that helps proves or disprove the claim that
        "Teaching with technology is a difficult thing to do well." Matthew J.
        Koehler and Punya Mishra 2009: What Is Technological Pedagogical Content
        Knowledge?
        http://www.citejour
        <http://www.citejournal.org/vol9/iss1/general/article1.cfm>
        nal.org/vol9/iss1/general/article1.cfm

        If you'd like to help, you can find the group here:

        yahoo.com/group/ttedsig/

        http://www.theconsu <http://www.theconsultants-e.com> ltants-e.com
        <http://www.theconsu <http://www.theconsultants-e.com/> ltants-e.com/>

        Sole Online Providers: CertIBET and CertICT - http://tinyurl.
        <http://tinyurl.com/3s3mm7> com/3s3mm7

        Winners: 2007 British Council ELTON award - http://tinyurl.
        <http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54> com/3e2c54

        Winners: 2007 Ben Warren Trust Prize - <http://tinyurl.
        <http://tinyurl.com/6yolo4> com/6yolo4>
        http://tinyurl. <http://tinyurl.com/6yolo4> com/6yolo4

        Owners: Second Life EduNation sims - http://tinyurl.
        <http://tinyurl.com/34l8mw> com/34l8mw

        CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

        From: evonline2002_ <mailto:evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>
        webheads@yahoogroups.com
        Sorry, sent the message too fast, tried accessing your site again and it
        opened alright.
        --- In evonline2002_ <mailto:evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>
        wrote:

        > Hi Ingrid,
        > could not access your pageflakes, is it public?

        05:51:00

        believed to be clean.

      • Charles Hall
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
          Vielen Dank, Ingrid!. The Tizmo example is really nice, and I'm setting one up for some teacher training courses. I can imagine these visuals will help calm nervous students!

          Charles

          *************

          Charles Hall, Ph.D., dr. h.c.

          University of Memphis, Department of English

          Applied Linguistics and EFL/ESL

          901.313.4496

          www.charleshall.info www.l4law.org

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
            Hi Ingrid,

            I think Wallwisher could be a good option:
            http://www.wallwisher.com/
            You can add not only pages but also notes, images, videos, music, etc.

            You can get a taste of how it looks and works on Nik Peachey's Wallwisher: http://www.wallwisher.com/wall/teachersweb20

            Best,
            Mary

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "ingridbraband" <ibraband@...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > I know this is very basic - but some of our teachers want to make a list of useful websites for students.
            > Where would you do it?
            >
            > I played around with Tizmos and started creating a website with links, it looks like this:
            > http://www.tizmos.com/ingridbr
            > Not bad - but - when you add more sites it gets really overloaded and it is difficult to find things.
            > The problem I see as well is that you cannot give much information about the website so it would be a lot of clicking for the students to find out if the website is good or not.
            >
            > Second idea was "pageflakes", see what I have done:
            > http://www.pageflakes.com/ibraband/27672883
            > But - you can only add feeds (rss feeds, podcasts)and no websites.
            >
            > So, my last idea is to work with "Delicious".
            >
            > Or are there any other possibilities that you can recommend?
            >
            > Thanks for your help
            >
            > Ingrid

          • williamezimmerman
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
              Dear Dr. Hall,
              I hope you'll include MakeBeliefsComix.com on your list of useful resources for teachers. On the site students can create their own comic strips online, and it's a very useful resource for encouraging writing, reading and storytelling.
              Sincerely,
              Bill Zimmerman
              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Charles Hall <charleshall@...> wrote:

              > Vielen Dank, Ingrid!. The Tizmo example is really nice, and I'm setting one up for some teacher training courses. I can imagine these visuals will help calm nervous students!
              >
              > Charles
              >

              > *************
              >
              > Charles Hall, Ph.D., dr. h.c.
              >
              > University of Memphis, Department of English
              >
              > Applied Linguistics and EFL/ESL
              >
              > 901.313.4496
              >

              > www.charleshall.info www.l4law.org

            • Helping North
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
                There have been great suggestions!
                May be you also want to have a look at the wiki where I have been keeping some myself

                You are all welcome to join and contribute suggestions there too! Thanks

                http://www.teach-with-internet.wikispaces.com/

                Paula

                I think Wallwisher could be a good option:
                http://www.wallwish er.com/
                You can add not only pages but also notes, images, videos, music, etc.

                You can get a taste of how it looks and works on Nik Peachey's Wallwisher: http://www.wallwish er.com/wall/ teachersweb20

                Best,
                Mary

                --- In evonline2002_ webheads@ yahoogroups. com, "ingridbraband" <ibraband@.. .> wrote:

                > Hello,
                >
                > I know this is very basic - but some of our teachers want to make a list of useful websites for students.
                > Where would you do it?
                >
                > I played around with Tizmos and started creating a website with links, it looks like this:
                > http://www.tizmos com/ingridbr
                > Not bad - but - when you add more sites it gets really overloaded and it is difficult to find things.
                > The problem I see as well is that you cannot give much information about the website so it would be a lot of clicking for the students to find out if the website is good or not.
                >
                > Second idea was "pageflakes" , see what I have done:
                > http://www.pageflak es.com/ibraband/ 27672883
                > But - you can only add feeds (rss feeds, podcasts)and no websites.
                >
                > So, my last idea is to work with "Delicious".
                >
                > Or are there any other possibilities that you can recommend?
                >
                > Thanks for your help
                >
                > Ingrid

                Yahoo! Cocina

                http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/

              • ingridbraband
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 5, 2009
                  Hello,
                  thanks everybody for your useful ideas!
                  Will check them all - this will keep me busy for some time.
                  Have a good time
                  Ingrid