Re: List of useful links for students

  • sasasirk
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
      Sorry, sent the message too fast, tried accessing your site again and it opened alright.
      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "sasasirk" <sasa@...> wrote:

      > Hi Ingrid,
      > could not access your pageflakes, is it public?
    • Gavin Dudeney
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
        Folks,

        Over on the IATEFL Teacher Trainers and Educators list, Scott Thornbury is
        looking for the answer to the following question:

        In short, I want evidence that helps proves or disprove the claim that
        "Teaching with technology is a difficult thing to do well." Matthew J.
        Koehler and Punya Mishra 2009: What Is Technological Pedagogical Content
        Knowledge?
        http://www.citejournal.org/vol9/iss1/general/article1.cfm

        If you'd like to help, you can find the group here:

        Best,

        Gavin

        c/ Ceramica 54, 08035 Barcelona, Spain

        Tel: +34 93 427 4240 | +44 20 7193 0770

        http://www.theconsultants-e.com <http://www.theconsultants-e.com/>

        Sole Online Providers: CertIBET and CertICT - http://tinyurl.com/3s3mm7

        Winners: 2007 British Council ELTON award - http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54

        Winners: 2007 Ben Warren Trust Prize - <http://tinyurl.com/6yolo4>
        http://tinyurl.com/6yolo4

        Owners: Second Life EduNation sims - http://tinyurl.com/34l8mw

        CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

        <mailto:evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com> , "sasasirk" <sasa@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Ingrid,
        > could not access your pageflakes, is it public?

        05:51:00

      • Natasha Jovanovich
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
          Gavin and all

          Come to think of it, all of this is a prep stage for the forthcoming debate
          on another platform late September
          which I fear will fail to deliver :( unless loads of darling webheads join
          it :)

          Natasha

          _____

          Over on the IATEFL Teacher Trainers and Educators list, Scott Thornbury is
          looking for the answer to the following question:

          In short, I want evidence that helps proves or disprove the claim that
          "Teaching with technology is a difficult thing to do well." Matthew J.
          Koehler and Punya Mishra 2009: What Is Technological Pedagogical Content
          Knowledge?
          http://www.citejour
          <http://www.citejournal.org/vol9/iss1/general/article1.cfm>
          nal.org/vol9/iss1/general/article1.cfm

          If you'd like to help, you can find the group here:

          yahoo.com/group/ttedsig/

          http://www.theconsu <http://www.theconsultants-e.com> ltants-e.com
          <http://www.theconsu <http://www.theconsultants-e.com/> ltants-e.com/>

          Sole Online Providers: CertIBET and CertICT - http://tinyurl.
          <http://tinyurl.com/3s3mm7> com/3s3mm7

          Winners: 2007 British Council ELTON award - http://tinyurl.
          <http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54> com/3e2c54

          Winners: 2007 Ben Warren Trust Prize - <http://tinyurl.
          <http://tinyurl.com/6yolo4> com/6yolo4>
          http://tinyurl. <http://tinyurl.com/6yolo4> com/6yolo4

          Owners: Second Life EduNation sims - http://tinyurl.
          <http://tinyurl.com/34l8mw> com/34l8mw

          CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

          From: evonline2002_ <mailto:evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>
          webheads@yahoogroups.com
          Sorry, sent the message too fast, tried accessing your site again and it
          opened alright.
          --- In evonline2002_ <mailto:evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>
          webheads@yahoogroups.com
          wrote:

          > Hi Ingrid,
          > could not access your pageflakes, is it public?

          05:51:00

          believed to be clean.

        • Charles Hall
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
            Vielen Dank, Ingrid!. The Tizmo example is really nice, and I'm setting one up for some teacher training courses. I can imagine these visuals will help calm nervous students!

            Charles

            *************

            Charles Hall, Ph.D., dr. h.c.

            University of Memphis, Department of English

            Applied Linguistics and EFL/ESL

            901.313.4496

            www.charleshall.info www.l4law.org

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
              Hi Ingrid,

              I think Wallwisher could be a good option:
              http://www.wallwisher.com/
              You can add not only pages but also notes, images, videos, music, etc.

              You can get a taste of how it looks and works on Nik Peachey's Wallwisher: http://www.wallwisher.com/wall/teachersweb20

              Best,
              Mary

              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "ingridbraband" <ibraband@...> wrote:

              > Hello,
              >
              > I know this is very basic - but some of our teachers want to make a list of useful websites for students.
              > Where would you do it?
              >
              > I played around with Tizmos and started creating a website with links, it looks like this:
              > http://www.tizmos.com/ingridbr
              > Not bad - but - when you add more sites it gets really overloaded and it is difficult to find things.
              > The problem I see as well is that you cannot give much information about the website so it would be a lot of clicking for the students to find out if the website is good or not.
              >
              > Second idea was "pageflakes", see what I have done:
              > http://www.pageflakes.com/ibraband/27672883
              > But - you can only add feeds (rss feeds, podcasts)and no websites.
              >
              > So, my last idea is to work with "Delicious".
              >
              > Or are there any other possibilities that you can recommend?
              >
              > Thanks for your help
              >
              > Ingrid

            • williamezimmerman
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
                Dear Dr. Hall,
                I hope you'll include MakeBeliefsComix.com on your list of useful resources for teachers. On the site students can create their own comic strips online, and it's a very useful resource for encouraging writing, reading and storytelling.
                Sincerely,
                Bill Zimmerman
                --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Charles Hall <charleshall@...> wrote:

                > Vielen Dank, Ingrid!. The Tizmo example is really nice, and I'm setting one up for some teacher training courses. I can imagine these visuals will help calm nervous students!
                >
                > Charles
                >

                > *************
                >
                > Charles Hall, Ph.D., dr. h.c.
                >
                > University of Memphis, Department of English
                >
                > Applied Linguistics and EFL/ESL
                >
                > 901.313.4496
                >

                > www.charleshall.info www.l4law.org

              • Helping North
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
                  There have been great suggestions!
                  May be you also want to have a look at the wiki where I have been keeping some myself

                  You are all welcome to join and contribute suggestions there too! Thanks

                  http://www.teach-with-internet.wikispaces.com/

                  Paula

                  I think Wallwisher could be a good option:
                  http://www.wallwish er.com/
                  You can add not only pages but also notes, images, videos, music, etc.

                  You can get a taste of how it looks and works on Nik Peachey's Wallwisher: http://www.wallwish er.com/wall/ teachersweb20

                  Best,
                  Mary

                  --- In evonline2002_ webheads@ yahoogroups. com, "ingridbraband" <ibraband@.. .> wrote:

                  > Hello,
                  >
                  > I know this is very basic - but some of our teachers want to make a list of useful websites for students.
                  > Where would you do it?
                  >
                  > I played around with Tizmos and started creating a website with links, it looks like this:
                  > http://www.tizmos com/ingridbr
                  > Not bad - but - when you add more sites it gets really overloaded and it is difficult to find things.
                  > The problem I see as well is that you cannot give much information about the website so it would be a lot of clicking for the students to find out if the website is good or not.
                  >
                  > Second idea was "pageflakes" , see what I have done:
                  > http://www.pageflak es.com/ibraband/ 27672883
                  > But - you can only add feeds (rss feeds, podcasts)and no websites.
                  >
                  > So, my last idea is to work with "Delicious".
                  >
                  > Or are there any other possibilities that you can recommend?
                  >
                  > Thanks for your help
                  >
                  > Ingrid

                  Yahoo! Cocina

                  http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/

                • ingridbraband
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 5, 2009
                    Hello,
                    thanks everybody for your useful ideas!
                    Will check them all - this will keep me busy for some time.
                    Have a good time
                    Ingrid