RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Teaching ESL with Smartboard - EVOnline 2010 - moderators wanted!

  • Richard Turnbull
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 3, 2009
      Anna

      I am an EFL teacher and teacher trainer in the UK and also a certified SMART trainer for Notebook v10. I use SMART boards every day in my classes so maybe I would be able to help? I'm not sure exactly what is involved and what sort of time commitment is needed...?

      Thanks

      Richard

      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 6, 2009
        Hi Bindyuu,

        I got some training on Promethean activeboards and tomorrow I am starting a
        teacher training course at my school about these boards. Our school got 12
        Promethean Activeboards this Summer. This will be my first experience as a
        trainer in these boards. Maybe we could exchange some experience.

        Joao

        On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 6:08 PM, Bindyuu Grover <groverbindu@...>wrote:

        > Hi all
        > I know how to use Promethean IWB for ESL learners.
        > Please let me know if I can be of some help.
        > Cheers
        > Bindyuu
        >

        > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 10:11 PM, susaneburg <smoky7@...<smoky7%40tiscalinet.it>>
        > wrote:
        >

        > > Hello Anna,
        > >
        > > Tell us more about it: is it for the upcoming 2010 sessions? Any more
        > > details? I might be interested. I have been co-moderating sessions for
        > the
        > > past 2 years with Evonline. Let me know!
        > >
        > > Susan Burg
        > >
        > > > Wonderful Webheads,
        > > >
        > > > Is there anybody willing to participate/co-moderate an EVO workshop on
        > > using Smartboard and its software (Notebook) to teach ESL?
        > > >
        > > > I'm not sure of the ubiquity of this kind of IWB - it's pretty popular
        > > here in NSW (Australia). Any thoughts?
        > > >
        > > > BTW, I found a mentor for this workshop - thank you, Laine!
        > > >
        > > > Anna Koorey

      • Fernanda Rodrigues
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 6, 2009
          Hi Anna
          I have some practice with whiteboards, but not Smartboard. I used a Hitachi
          whiteboard last year and intend to use it again this year. I'd like to
          participate in your workshop, but I don't feel comfortable with that
          software to co-moderate.

          Fernanda

          --
          Fernanda Rodrigues <m.f.d.rodrigues@...>
        • Joao Alves
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 14, 2009
            I've never used Smartboard. I started using Promethean activboards this
            Summer because our schools have been equipped with them. At the moment I am
            training a group of teachers at my school in the use of Promethean
            whiteboards. Like Fernanda, I would also like to participate in your
            workshop.

            Joao

            On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 9:07 AM, aas56 <aas56@...> wrote:

            > Wonderful Webheads,
            >
            > Is there anybody willing to participate/co-moderate an EVO workshop on
            > using Smartboard and its software (Notebook) to teach ESL?
            >
            > I'm not sure of the ubiquity of this kind of IWB - it's pretty popular here
            > in NSW (Australia). Any thoughts?
            >
            > BTW, I found a mentor for this workshop - thank you, Laine!
            >
            > Anna Koorey

          • James Benenson
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 14, 2009
              Hello from Paris

              does anyone have any hands on experience with eBeam interactive
              Whiteboards and their Speechi software?

              thanks for any input...

              all the best

              james

              --
              +----------------------- James Benenson ----------------------------+
              |Cell phone: 0683524334 E-mail: benenson@... |
            • jomango274
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 15, 2009
                James asked: "does anyone have any hands on experience with eBeam interactive
                > Whiteboards and their Speechi software?"

                Ebeam yes, Speechi, no. Does/Could that that help? (in fact what IS Speechi?)

                By the way, I've got an annotated list of IWB resource sites as used by British primary and secondary teachers here: http://www.elgweb.net/iwbresources.html

                Johanna

                Johanna Stirling
                There's NEW stuff growing in The English Language Garden
                www.elgweb.net
                The Spelling Blog - English spelling: learn it, teach it, love it!
                http://thespellingblog.blogspot.com

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 31, 2009
                  Hello from Paris

                  This is a resend of an earlier message to see if I can get more
                  feedback. (with a thank you to the two responses I got.)

                  Does anyone have any hands on experience with eBeam interactive
                  Whiteboards and their Speechi software?

                  This is the relatively inexpensive (about $800) IBT solution... It
                  doesn't include the videoprojector and can be moved easily from
                  classroom to classroom. You use special pens with it and a sensor
                  that gets positioned to the side of the screen with suction cups or a
                  magnet.

                  The alternative is the smartboard or promethean which is, I believe,
                  more expensive, and less mobile but that might be easier to work with.

                  thanks for any input you can provide.

                  all the best

                  james in paris