Free online conference Sept 11 featuring 4 webheads!

  • foxdenuk
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2009
      I may have mentioned now and then over the last two years that I have been coordinating a European project in which we developed training which not only helped teachers (in general) to better integrate ICT in their everyday practice but also tried to prepare course participants to be mentors to their colleagues.

      The VITAE project is now drawing to a close and we are organising a mini-conference during our final project meeting in Lithuania in a little over a weeks time to draw together some of the themes of the project during its lifetime. From 9.0 am GMT to 14.0 GMT there will 5 sessions inlcuding two Webheads Nicky Hockly (Barcelona) and Niels Damgaard (Oslo). We start with a fun treasure hunt activity on the topic of mentoring led by Helen Keegan of Salford University, followed by Nicky Hockly with some tips and tricks for language teachers. Niels Damgaard will share his experience of teacher training for ICT integration the length and breadth of Norway. The fourth session will be in Lithuanian and the final session will be a roundtable discussion with the project partners picking up some of the issues which arise during the day. The whole thing will be ably moderated by yet another webhead, Cris Costa, who has been a key member of the project from the beginning.

      The whole thing, apart from the Lithuanian session, will take place in Dimdim and we hope to record every session. See all the details on our Ning at http://vitaeproject.ning.com You don't have to join the Ning to take part in the conference but you are very welcome to do so. You don't have to join Dimdim either.

      See you in a week's time?
      Anne