Re: Teaching ESL with Smartboard - EVOnline 2010 - moderators wanted!

  • sasasirk
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 31, 2009
      Dear Anna,
      I'd be definitely interested in joining as participant. We have 2 or 3 smartboards at our school at the moment I think, so far all I've done is tested Notebook and the board one rainy afternoon. I'd love to learn more about it from people who use it.
      Warmly,
      Saša

      > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "aas56" <aas56@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Wonderful Webheads,
      > >
      > > Is there anybody willing to participate/co-moderate an EVO workshop on using Smartboard and its software (Notebook) to teach ESL?
      > >
      > > I'm not sure of the ubiquity of this kind of IWB - it's pretty popular here in NSW (Australia). Any thoughts?
      > >
      > > BTW, I found a mentor for this workshop - thank you, Laine!
      > >
      > > Anna Koorey

    • Richard Turnbull
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 3, 2009
        Anna

        I am an EFL teacher and teacher trainer in the UK and also a certified SMART trainer for Notebook v10. I use SMART boards every day in my classes so maybe I would be able to help? I'm not sure exactly what is involved and what sort of time commitment is needed...?

        Thanks

        Richard

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 6, 2009
          Hi Bindyuu,

          I got some training on Promethean activeboards and tomorrow I am starting a
          teacher training course at my school about these boards. Our school got 12
          Promethean Activeboards this Summer. This will be my first experience as a
          trainer in these boards. Maybe we could exchange some experience.

          Joao

          On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 6:08 PM, Bindyuu Grover <groverbindu@...>wrote:

          > Hi all
          > I know how to use Promethean IWB for ESL learners.
          > Please let me know if I can be of some help.
          > Cheers
          > Bindyuu
          >

          > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 10:11 PM, susaneburg <smoky7@...<smoky7%40tiscalinet.it>>
          > wrote:
          >

          > > Hello Anna,
          > >
          > > Tell us more about it: is it for the upcoming 2010 sessions? Any more
          > > details? I might be interested. I have been co-moderating sessions for
          > the
          > > past 2 years with Evonline. Let me know!
          > >
          > > Susan Burg
          > >
          > > > Wonderful Webheads,
          > > >
          > > > Is there anybody willing to participate/co-moderate an EVO workshop on
          > > using Smartboard and its software (Notebook) to teach ESL?
          > > >
          > > > I'm not sure of the ubiquity of this kind of IWB - it's pretty popular
          > > here in NSW (Australia). Any thoughts?
          > > >
          > > > BTW, I found a mentor for this workshop - thank you, Laine!
          > > >
          > > > Anna Koorey

        • Fernanda Rodrigues
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 6, 2009
            Hi Anna
            I have some practice with whiteboards, but not Smartboard. I used a Hitachi
            whiteboard last year and intend to use it again this year. I'd like to
            participate in your workshop, but I don't feel comfortable with that
            software to co-moderate.

            Fernanda

            --
            Fernanda Rodrigues <m.f.d.rodrigues@...>
          • Joao Alves
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 14, 2009
              I've never used Smartboard. I started using Promethean activboards this
              Summer because our schools have been equipped with them. At the moment I am
              training a group of teachers at my school in the use of Promethean
              whiteboards. Like Fernanda, I would also like to participate in your
              workshop.

              Joao

              On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 9:07 AM, aas56 <aas56@...> wrote:

              > Wonderful Webheads,
              >
              > Is there anybody willing to participate/co-moderate an EVO workshop on
              > using Smartboard and its software (Notebook) to teach ESL?
              >
              > I'm not sure of the ubiquity of this kind of IWB - it's pretty popular here
              > in NSW (Australia). Any thoughts?
              >
              > BTW, I found a mentor for this workshop - thank you, Laine!
              >
              > Anna Koorey

            • James Benenson
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 14, 2009
                Hello from Paris

                does anyone have any hands on experience with eBeam interactive
                Whiteboards and their Speechi software?

                thanks for any input...

                all the best

                james

                --
                +----------------------- James Benenson ----------------------------+
                |Cell phone: 0683524334 E-mail: benenson@... |
              • jomango274
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 15, 2009
                  James asked: "does anyone have any hands on experience with eBeam interactive
                  > Whiteboards and their Speechi software?"

                  Ebeam yes, Speechi, no. Does/Could that that help? (in fact what IS Speechi?)

                  By the way, I've got an annotated list of IWB resource sites as used by British primary and secondary teachers here: http://www.elgweb.net/iwbresources.html

                  Johanna

                  Johanna Stirling
                  There's NEW stuff growing in The English Language Garden
                  www.elgweb.net
                  The Spelling Blog - English spelling: learn it, teach it, love it!
                  http://thespellingblog.blogspot.com

                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 31, 2009
                    Hello from Paris

                    This is a resend of an earlier message to see if I can get more
                    feedback. (with a thank you to the two responses I got.)

                    Does anyone have any hands on experience with eBeam interactive
                    Whiteboards and their Speechi software?

                    This is the relatively inexpensive (about $800) IBT solution... It
                    doesn't include the videoprojector and can be moved easily from
                    classroom to classroom. You use special pens with it and a sensor
                    that gets positioned to the side of the screen with suction cups or a
                    magnet.

                    The alternative is the smartboard or promethean which is, I believe,
                    more expensive, and less mobile but that might be easier to work with.

                    thanks for any input you can provide.

                    all the best

                    james in paris