Re: [evonline2002_webheads] ideas?

  • Fran Toomey
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 3, 2009
      Kim, I just tried this. I think it is wonderful. Once I learn how to use
      it effectively, I intend to incorporate it in an online course I'm
      planning. Thanks!

      Fran

      On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 7:34 PM, Kim <koolkat051@...> wrote:

      > Have you tried www.mindmeister.com for visual maps of content with images,
      > external links, etc. within the concept map?
      >
      > With warm regards,
      > Kim
      >
      > ________________________________

    • Rita Zeinstejer
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 3, 2009
        Hi, Serpil,

        Have just found a couple of sites in my Delicious, maybe they can add something:

        Freemind
        http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

        WiKIT
        http://www.informationtamers.com/WikIT/index.php?title=Main_Page

        Mindomo
        http://www.mindomo.com

        Warmly,

        Rita

        > ________________________________

      • Nina Liakos
        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 4, 2009
          No ideas, Vance, and it's already Tuesday morning anyway, but I am eager to know how you finally answered this intriguing question!
          Nina

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Vance Stevens" <vstevens@...> wrote:

> [...]
          >
          > I'm being interviewed this evening by a Webcast Academy intern. She has quite cleverly asked me to come up with a question I have never been asked in an interview before but have always been dying to answer. What would that question be??
          >
          > I'm invoking my network on this one. I've tweeted 139 characters: "My next interviewer wants me to suggest the question I always wanted to answer but was never asked in an interview. I'm stumped; any ideas?" I'm waiting for my network to get back to me. Help!
          >
          > On the theory that what goes round comes round, here's some help for Serpil. The first tool that comes to mind is Gliffy, but that's just for making diagrams. For conceiving and massaging potential diagrams to see what configuration works so you can THEN make a meaningful diagram, explore the other 8 tools listed at http://www.rev2.org/2007/06/04/9-great-ways-to-make-mind-maps-and-flow-charts-online/
          >
          > There's a Wikipedia entry for mindmaps and there is a link there to more tools: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mind_mapping_software
          >
          > Robin Good gave a talk at the last WiAOC conference on mindmapping and before that he'd posted on his Masternewmedia site: http://www.masternewmedia.org/mind-mapping-best-tools-to-draw-your-own-mindmaps
          >
          > In their course on Connectivism, George Siemens and Stephen Downes suggested use of both Mind and Concept maps. According to their course outline at http://ltc.umanitoba.ca/wiki/Connectivism_Outline
          >
          > "Concept maps are an opportunity to relate ideas and concepts and demonstrate connections that are often not noticed in more linear instructional processes."
          >
          > "mind mapping tools lack the ability to demonstrate conceptual relationships."
          >
          > As a mindmap, Mindmeister is mentioned in the syllabus (and in the lists above), and for concept maps CMAP (http://cmap.ihmc.us/conceptmap.html) and The Brain (http://www.thebrain.com/) were referenced.
          >
          > Well, I hope this helps Serpil. I'm still trying to think of a question I've never been asked but have always wanted to answer.
          >
          > Any help on that one?
          >
          > Vance
          >

          > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, serpil sonmez <serpilsonmez@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Dear all,
          > >
          > > I wanted to ask your opinion
          > > about something I had in mind. I've been looking for a software or
          > > preferably an online tool that would allow visual mapping of content and
          > > posting interactive visuals, pictures, videos by visitors. However, it should be very easy to use, no html or coding.The closest website for what I have in mind is
          > > something similar to this: http://www.academia.edu/.
          > > Should I use
          > > a clouding tool for that? Any suggestions? Thanks.
          > >
          > > Hope you all are enjoying the summer, wherever you are!

        • serpil sonmez
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 5, 2009
            Vance, you made me check your earlier interviews but I wouldn't come up with any better questions than Nergiz's and Claire's :) This is a very informative interview about Webheads and loved your exchange with Mireille responding to the questions in the end.

            Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and suggestions. I am still investigating. I came across with some other interesting tools in addition to the ones mentioned here and I will be sharing them with you as soon as I have the time to gather a list.

            Serpil

              Message 6 of 23 , Aug 5, 2009
                Hi Serpil,

                As these mindmapping tools have been coming up I've been bookmarking them.
                You can use my list for what's already been mentioned:
                http://delicious.com/vancestevens/mindmapping

                and it will be interesting to see what you have to add to that.

                Message 7 of 23 , Aug 6, 2009
                  Hi Vance,

                  Thanks to one of your links "What is a Virtual Community andWhy Would You Ever Need One??

                  http://www.mindomo.com/view.htm?m=048d1133a1e44050bf3282f71bda1346
                  or
                  http://tinyurl.com/lf6p82

                  I begin to understand mindmapping. Simple yet profound.

                  --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Vance Stevens" <vstevens@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Serpil,
                  >
                  > As these mindmapping tools have been coming up I've been bookmarking them.
                  > You can use my list for what's already been mentioned:
                  > http://delicious.com/vancestevens/mindmapping
                  >
                  > and it will be interesting to see what you have to add to that.
                  >
                  > Vance

                • Michael Coghlan
                  Message 8 of 23 , Aug 6, 2009
                    Mike et al - you might enjoy slide 27 of the presentation at
                    http://www.slideshare.net/michaelc/tools-tech-community-ace. Also
                    uses mindmapping to document webheads activity.

                    - Michael

                    ----------

                    Message 9 of 23 , Aug 7, 2009
                      i found this to be a really nice presentation. You didnt mention Michael
                      that this is not just a slide show but also a recording of your talk Sooo
                      much more than just a slide presentation.

                      It also occurs to me that slideshare as a repository of slides was not all
                      that cooool, but with AUDIO this is something akin to an Elluminate
                      recording.

                      This is really kewl,

                      > Mike et al - you might enjoy slide 27 of the presentation at
                      > http://www.slideshare.net/michaelc/tools-tech-community-ace. Also
                      > uses mindmapping to document webheads activity.
                      >
                      > - Michael
                      >
                      > ----------
                      >
                      > At 02:48 AM 7/08/2009, you wrote:
                      >>

                      >>Hi Vance,
                      >>
                      >>Thanks to one of your links "What is a Virtual Community andWhy
                      >>Would You Ever Need One??
                      >>
                      >><http://www.mindomo.com/view.htm?m=048d1133a1e44050bf3282f71bda1346>http://www.mindomo.com/view.htm?m=048d1133a1e44050bf3282f71bda1346
                      >>or
                      >><http://tinyurl.com/lf6p82>http://tinyurl.com/lf6p82
                      >>
                      >>I begin to understand mindmapping. Simple yet profound.
                      >>
                      >>--- In
                      >><mailto:evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com,
                      >>"Vance Stevens" <vstevens@...> wrote:
                      >> >
                      >> > Hi Serpil,
                      >> >
                      >> > As these mindmapping tools have been coming up I've been bookmarking
                      >> > them.
                      >> > You can use my list for what's already been mentioned:
                      >> >
                      >> <http://delicious.com/vancestevens/mindmapping>http://delicious.com/vancestevens/mindmapping
                      >> >
                      >> > and it will be interesting to see what you have to add to that.
                      >> >
                      >> > Vance

                    • Carla arena
                      Message 10 of 23 , Aug 8, 2009
                        Mike, fantastic! And, Vance, thanks for letting us know that we can hear
                        wonderful, sexy Mike's voice.

                        Carla
                        http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com

                        On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 3:10 AM, Vance Stevens <vstevens@...>wrote:

                        > i found this to be a really nice presentation. You didnt mention Michael
                        > that this is not just a slide show but also a recording of your talk Sooo
                        > much more than just a slide presentation.
                        >
                        > It also occurs to me that slideshare as a repository of slides was not all
                        > that cooool, but with AUDIO this is something akin to an Elluminate
                        > recording.
                        >
                        > This is really kewl,
                        >
                        > Vance

                      • mireille massue
                        Message 11 of 23 , Aug 8, 2009
                          Does anyone have the link for the courses offered on Electronic Village
                          2009?

                          I wanted to show my sister (who teaches at risk kids) about the site and go
                          over the courses myself again.

                          Mireille

                          > No ideas, Vance, and it's already Tuesday morning anyway, but I am eager
                          > to know how you finally answered this intriguing question!
                          > Nina
                          >
                          > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Vance Stevens"
                          > <vstevens@...> wrote:
                          >>
                          >> I'm being interviewed this evening by a Webcast Academy intern. She has
                          >> quite cleverly asked me to come up with a question I have never been
                          >> asked in an interview before but have always been dying to answer. What
                          >> would that question be??
                          >>
                          >> I'm invoking my network on this one. I've tweeted 139 characters: "My
                          >> answer but was never asked in an interview. I'm stumped; any ideas?" I'm

                          >> waiting for my network to get back to me. Help!

                        • Peggy George
                          Message 12 of 23 , Aug 8, 2009
                            Is this the link you're looking for Mireille? It lists all of the 2009
                            sessions with links...scroll down the page.

                            http://evosessions.pbworks.com/Call_for_Participation09

                            Peggy
                            -----------------
                            On Aug 8, 2009, at 10:14 AM, mireille massue wrote:

                            > Does anyone have the link for the courses offered on Electronic
                            > Village
                            > 2009?
                            >
                            > I wanted to show my sister (who teaches at risk kids) about the site
                            > and go
                            > over the courses myself again.
                            >
                            > Mireille
                          • mireille massue
                            Message 13 of 23 , Aug 8, 2009
                              Thank you Peggy I found it

                              It has the complete list of all the classes. I wanted to forward the page
                              to my sister.

                              She is integrating technology into her classroom for the first time. I
                              wanted to show her what EVP 2009 did this year and for her to be on the
                              lookout for 2010.

                              She was impressed at the amazing work that was done to prepare for these
                              classes.

                              Mireille

                              Is this the link you're looking for Mireille? It lists all of the 2009
                              sessions with links...scroll down the page.

                              http://evosessions.pbworks.com/Call_for_Participation09

                              Peggy
                              -----------------
                              On Aug 8, 2009, at 10:14 AM, mireille massue wrote:

                              > Does anyone have the link for the courses offered on Electronic
                              > Village 2009?
                              >
                              > I wanted to show my sister (who teaches at risk kids) about the site
                              > and go over the courses myself again.
                              >
                              > Mireille

                            • mireille massue
                              Message 14 of 23 , Aug 11, 2009
                                I'm already working on it

                                Mireille

                                Message 15 of 23 , Oct 6, 2009
                                  Dear all, sorry for the delayed posting. I requested your help earlier in my search for a tool that would help me organize web content. Thank you all for your responses. As I promised, I am posting some interesting web tools that I discovered (by accident) during my search. You might be familiar with these already but I thought this list would be interesting for some.

                                  Best,

                                  Serpil

                                  Exit Reality: Turn web pages into 3D virtual world http://www.exitreality.com/

                                  Clip portions of websites and present in visual ways:

                                  http://kwout.com/ :   "kwout" is a way you quote a part
                                  of a web page as an image with an image map.

                                  To use this service, all you need is to add our
                                  bookmarklet to your favorite browser.

                                  http://simplybox.com/:
                                  similar to above

                                  http://www.docstoc.com/:
                                  find and share professional documents

                                  WIX: Create Flash websites for free (very easy to use) http://www.wix.com/

                                  Comic strips: http://www.bitstrips.com/

                                  Photo editing: http://aviary.com/home

                                  Photo slideshows with music: http://photopeach.com/

                                  Mapwing: Build and share virtual tours from pics. http://www.mapwing.com/

                                  Real-time collaboration/presentation: http://drop.io/

                                  Social Networking:

                                  http://www.plurk.com/main

                                  http://www.plaxo.com/

                                  http://ginx.com/

                                  http://www.fring.com/default.asp
                                  (mobile phone app)

                                  Independent films/documentaries

                                  http://www.quarterlife.com/   (and
                                  independent filmmaking & social networking)

                                  http://www.theauteurs.com/films?viewable=1

                                  Fast Track- Scheduling software: FastTrack Schedule 9 is the
                                  leading easy-to-use project management software for planning, tracking, and
                                  reporting project goals. Ideal for both experienced and first-time project
                                  managers, FastTrack Schedule 9 helps teams to effectively and successfully
                                  manage projects.http://www.aecsoftware.com/products/fasttrack/

                                  > Mike et al - you might enjoy slide 27 of the presentation at

                                  > http://www.slidesha re.net/michaelc/ tools-tech- community- ace. Also

                                  > uses mindmapping to document webheads activity.

                                  > - Michael

                                  > ----------

                                  > At 02:48 AM 7/08/2009, you wrote:

                                  >>Hi Vance,

                                  >>Thanks to one of your links "What is a Virtual Community andWhy

                                  >>Would You Ever Need One??

                                  >><http://www.mindomo. com/view. htm?m=048d1133a1 e44050bf3282f71b da1346>http://www.mindomo. com/view. htm?m=048d1133a1 e44050bf3282f71b da1346

                                  >>or

                                  >><http://tinyurl. com/lf6p82>http://tinyurl. com/lf6p82

                                  >>I begin to understand mindmapping. Simple yet profound.

                                  >>--- In

                                  >><mailto:evonline2 002_webheads% 40yahoogroups. com>evonline2002_ webheads@ yahoogroups. com,

                                  >>"Vance Stevens" <vstevens@.. .> wrote:

                                  >> > Hi Serpil,

                                  >> > As these mindmapping tools have been coming up I've been bookmarking

                                  >> > them.

                                  >> > You can use my list for what's already been mentioned:

                                  >> <http://delicious. com/vancestevens /mindmapping>http://delicious. com/vancestevens /mindmapping

                                  >> > and it will be interesting to see what you have to add to that.

                                  >> > Vance

                                • Maria Irene Albers
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Oct 6, 2009
                                    Hi Serpil,
                                    Thanks for sharing this great list. I'll forwar it to my colleagues at the University of Carabobo.
                                    Greetings,

                                    María Irene Albers de Urriola
                                    Departamento de Idiomas Modernos
                                    Facultad de Ciencias de la Educación
                                    Universidad de Carabobo

                                    ________________________________

                                    > Mike et al - you might enjoy slide 27 of the presentation at

                                    > http://www.slidesha re.net/michaelc/ tools-tech- community- ace. Also

                                    > uses mindmapping to document webheads activity.

                                    > - Michael

                                    > ----------

                                    > At 02:48 AM 7/08/2009, you wrote:

                                    >>Hi Vance,

                                    >>Thanks to one of your links "What is a Virtual Community andWhy

                                    >>Would You Ever Need One??

                                    >><http://www.mindomo. com/view. htm?m=048d1133a1 e44050bf3282f71b da1346>http://www.mindomo. com/view. htm?m=048d1133a1 e44050bf3282f71b da1346

                                    >>or

                                    >><http://tinyurl. com/lf6p82>http://tinyurl. com/lf6p82

                                    >>I begin to understand mindmapping. Simple yet profound.

                                    >>--- In

                                    >><mailto:evonline2 002_webheads% 40yahoogroups. com>evonline2002_ webheads@ yahoogroups. com,

                                    >>"Vance Stevens" <vstevens@.. .> wrote:

                                    >> > Hi Serpil,

                                    >> > As these mindmapping tools have been coming up I've been bookmarking

                                    >> > them.

                                    >> > You can use my list for what's already been mentioned:

                                    >> <http://delicious. com/vancestevens /mindmapping>http://delicious. com/vancestevens /mindmapping

                                    >> > and it will be interesting to see what you have to add to that.

                                    >> > Vance

                                  • Susana Canelo
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Oct 11, 2009
                                      Thanks Serpil for your "accidents"...LOL.There are a lot of tools here that are worth exploring.
                                      A hugSusana

                                      From: Vance Stevens <vstevens@emirates. net.ae>

                                      To: evonline2002_ webheads@ yahoogroups. com

                                      From: "Michael Coghlan" <michaelc@chariot. net.au>

                                      > Mike et al - you might enjoy slide 27 of the presentation at

                                      > http://www.slidesha re.net/michaelc/ tools-tech- community- ace. Also

                                      > uses mindmapping to document webheads activity.

                                      > - Michael

                                      > ----------

                                      > At 02:48 AM 7/08/2009, you wrote:

                                      >>Hi Vance,

                                      >>Thanks to one of your links "What is a Virtual Community andWhy

                                      >>Would You Ever Need One??

                                      >><http://www.mindomo. com/view. htm?m=048d1133a1 e44050bf3282f71b da1346>http://www.mindomo. com/view. htm?m=048d1133a1 e44050bf3282f71b da1346

                                      >>or

                                      >><http://tinyurl. com/lf6p82>http://tinyurl. com/lf6p82

                                      >>I begin to understand mindmapping. Simple yet profound.

                                      >>--- In

                                      >><mailto:evonline2 002_webheads% 40yahoogroups. com>evonline2002_ webheads@ yahoogroups. com,

                                      >>"Vance Stevens" <vstevens@.. .> wrote:

                                      >> > Hi Serpil,

                                      >> > As these mindmapping tools have been coming up I've been bookmarking

                                      >> > them.

                                      >> > You can use my list for what's already been mentioned:

                                      >> <http://delicious. com/vancestevens /mindmapping>http://delicious. com/vancestevens /mindmapping

                                      >> > and it will be interesting to see what you have to add to that.

                                      >> > Vance

                                      Yahoo! Cocina

                                      http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/