Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Itay Talgam

  • Maria Irene Albers
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 31, 2009
      Dear Bee,
      Thanks a lot for this video.
      Where would he classify the conductor in the video below?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vwZAkfLKK8&feature=PlayList&p=0455A93D571D0C2A&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=15

      Greetings,

      María Irene Albers de Urriola
      Departamento de Idiomas Modernos
      Facultad de Ciencias de la Educación
      Universidad de Carabobo

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 2, 2009
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8U-FJFuXE0

        One of the best, longish (37-minute) clips of all YouTube.

        What a great find, Bee!

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Maria Irene Albers <miaupju@...> wrote:

        > Dear Bee,
        > Thanks a lot for this video.
      • Rita Zeinstejer
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 2, 2009
          Have just found the time to devote to watching this video, Bee. Many thanks for this treasure! What a vivid example of effective, inspirational leadership! And a great message for educators as well...
          A hug from Rosario,
          Rita

          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 3, 2009
            Dear Bee,

            I've listened to both Itay Talgam - enjoyed it very much! - and Benjamin
            Zander. His presentation made my day, especially when (at the end) he says
            that his job is "to awaken possibility in people. If people's eyes shine,
            you know you're doing it..." And then he said: "Success is not about wealth
            and fame and power, but how many shining eyes I have around me". Wow!
            Powerful! And beautifully said. I loved it when I saw my students' eyes
            shining with enthusiasm and motivation!

            Thanks for sharing!

            Hugs, Teresa

            >I am glad you enjoyed it, Nina and I agree you were very fortunate to have
            > had the opportunity to follow Lennie Bernstein's concerts as a child - not
            > many have this opportunity.
            > Another great presenter is Benjamin Zander at Ted Talks, who by talking
            > about classical music reminds us of our role, not only as teachers but
            > human
            > beings.
            > http://www.ted.com/talks/benjamin_zander_on_music_and_passion.html
            >
            > Warm regards,
            > Bee
          • Michael Coghlan
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 3, 2009
              I'm really enjoying this new twist on this list - conductors with
              something to say for educators. Got any more?? :-)

              - Michael

              At 06:21 AM 4/08/2009, you wrote:

              >Dear Bee,
              >
              >I've listened to both Itay Talgam - enjoyed it very much! - and Benjamin
              >Zander. His presentation made my day, especially when (at the end) he says
              >that his job is "to awaken possibility in people. If people's eyes shine,
              >you know you're doing it..." And then he said: "Success is not about wealth
              >and fame and power, but how many shining eyes I have around me". Wow!
              >Powerful! And beautifully said. I loved it when I saw my students' eyes
              >shining with enthusiasm and motivation!
              >
              >Thanks for sharing!
              >
              >Hugs, Teresa
              >
              > >I am glad you enjoyed it, Nina and I agree you were very fortunate to have
              > > had the opportunity to follow Lennie Bernstein's concerts as a child - not
              > > many have this opportunity.
              > > Another great presenter is Benjamin Zander at Ted Talks, who by talking
              > > about classical music reminds us of our role, not only as teachers but
              > > human
              > > beings.
              > >
              > <http://www.ted.com/talks/benjamin_zander_on_music_and_passion.html>http://www.ted.com/talks/benjamin_zander_on_music_and_passion.html
              > >
              > > Warm regards,
              > > Bee

            • Katia Hameg
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 3, 2009
                HI Bee, thanks for this wonderful share.  It is awsome to link every thing as  interdisiplinary !
                 Katia

                ________________________________
                Have just found the time to devote to watching this video, Bee. Many thanks for this treasure! What a vivid example of effective, inspirational leadership! And a great message for educators as well...
                A hug from Rosario,
                Rita

                --- In evonline2002_ webheads@ yahoogroups. com, Barbara Dieu <beeonline@. ..> wrote:

                > Take your time to watch this video.
                > Itay Talgam is one of the leading figures in the Israeli music scene.
                > This presentation gives you fabulous insight to the relationship
                > between conductor, musician and audience to achieve inspiring new
                > insights into leadership, management, and teamwork.
                > http://www.youtube com/watch? v=S8U-FJFuXE0

              • corachensa
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 5, 2009
                  Dear Bee,

                  Thanks so much for sharing this excellent, inspirational video! I really enjoyed it!

                  Michael Tilson Thomas, music director of the San Francisco Symphony, conducts just like Leonard Bernstein. His ways of conducting create a joyful atmosphere of making music together to bring out the best qualities in the musicians in the orchestra. Also, he always acknowledges their individual contributions. He often invites the musicians who play the solo passages from symphonies to take solo bows at the end of the concerts, and he also invites the musicians who play the brass, the percussion, the winds or the strings to take section bows.

                  As teachers, we can learn from these fine conductors how to create joyful environments for learning and exploration.

                  Belated best wishes for your birthday!

                  Cora

                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 6, 2009
                    Michael,

                    A belated comment: There's nothing like "high tech" (what we usually deal
                    with in the list) with "high touch" (this twist is a great example of it)!
                    (John Naisbitt) :-)

                    Though the book is 10 years old, I just ordered it and will be reading it
                    over the next few weeks.

                    Hugs, Teresa