anyone for Netmeeting?

  • Sophie Ioannou-Georgiou <yiansoph@cytane
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2003
      Hi!

      Since there is recent talk about learning new things,
      would anyone be interested in helping out with a
      Netmeeting test?

      I've been using other CMC tools and had refused
      to try Netmmeeting. I will now *have to use it
      and actually look forward to doing so cause I
      was a bit disappointed with some of the other tools
      I'd been using.

      Is anyone from you 'old-hands' interested?

      Smiles to all
      Sophie
    • Michael Coghlan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2003
        Hi Sophie.

        I don't think I qualify as an old-hand with Netmeeting. Like you I have
        resisted it till now, but I am curious enough now to learn more about it.

        However, I won't be available to do any trialling between Jan 13th and
        18th, but if it happens before or after those dates I'd like to be involved.

        - Michael C.

        At 10:15 AM 7/01/2003 +0000, you wrote:
        >Hi!
        >
        >Since there is recent talk about learning new things,
        >would anyone be interested in helping out with a
        >Netmeeting test?
        >
        >I've been using other CMC tools and had refused
        >to try Netmmeeting. I will now *have to use it
        >and actually look forward to doing so cause I
        >was a bit disappointed with some of the other tools
        >I'd been using.
        >
        >Is anyone from you 'old-hands' interested?
        >
        >Smiles to all
        >Sophie

        >For more information:
        >http://www.vancestevens.com/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm
        >http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm
        >
        >Syllabus:
        >http://www.vancestevens.com/papers/evonline2002/syllabus.htm
        >http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/syllabus.htm

      • dafne Chavez
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2003
          Sophie,
          I am behind a firewall and I cannot use Netmeeting. I have used it in the past, though, and the feature I like best is the whiteboard. The voice feature is not very stable. I use Yahoo Messenger and it has worked fine most of the time. YM has another advantage over Netmeeting, if you set the configuration, your scripts are automatically saved, which is great when you are dealing with 3 or more chat grops at the same time (with the free services you can have up to 5 conference windows open at the same time, not to mention that you can keep as many private chats as you can manage, going on at the same time).
          Good luck,
          Dafne
          Michael Coghlan <michaelc@...> wrote:Hi Sophie.

          I don't think I qualify as an old-hand with Netmeeting. Like you I have
          resisted it till now, but I am curious enough now to learn more about it.

          However, I won't be available to do any trialling between Jan 13th and
          18th, but if it happens before or after those dates I'd like to be involved.

          - Michael C.

          At 10:15 AM 7/01/2003 +0000, you wrote:
          >Hi!
          >
          >Since there is recent talk about learning new things,
          >would anyone be interested in helping out with a
          >Netmeeting test?
          >
          >I've been using other CMC tools and had refused
          >to try Netmmeeting. I will now *have to use it
          >and actually look forward to doing so cause I
          >was a bit disappointed with some of the other tools
          >I'd been using.
          >
          >Is anyone from you 'old-hands' interested?
          >
          >Smiles to all
          >Sophie

          >For more information:
          >http://www.vancestevens.com/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm
          >http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm
          >
          >Syllabus:
          >http://www.vancestevens.com/papers/evonline2002/syllabus.htm
          >http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/syllabus.htm

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Syllabus:

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 7, 2003
            Hi, Sophie,

            I tried Netmeeting once at least 5 years ago at a conference. It
            seemed to have some very positive possibilities even then. I'd love
            to try it again if you practice at a time when I'm available.

            Chris Jones

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Sophie Ioannou-