welcome to wia in ti2

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2003
      Dear John, Chris(topher), Cindy, Chris Jones (and all other WIA):

      On behalf of myself and of Sus, who made me owner of our new group at TI2, I have no idea why (!) - you'll have to explain yourself, Sus! -, I'd like to send a warm and special welcome to those who joined our new group yesterday evening and today!

      Fortunately for you and me, we've got our Nobel Prize helpdesk BJ around (nominated today!)! Once again today, BJ proved that she is ubiquitous and knowledgeable! I certainly am almost totally ignorant about this new interface, though I find it very attractive and maybe more user-friendly for a newcomer - just first impressions! But, as was said today, Daf misses the cows and I miss the icons, among other things! It's very difficult to please Greeks and Trojans!!!

      Comments apart, we do have a lot to learn together, something we're not used to!!! So. . . let's keep cool and take it one step at a time, because, as goes the saying in Portuguese, "Neither Rome nor Pavia were built in a day".

      Have a great week,

      Teresa

    • J. H. Steele
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2003
        Teresa,

        Thank you for your welcome. I, too, found the interface easy to use, but I
        have to agree with Dafne. I also miss the icons, the pets, the ability to
        design my office, and many of the commands we had in the original TI. At
        the same time, I no longer have to lug around that heavy recorder, and
        there are things in TI2 that I like also (such as the ability to form your
        own group in your own room). Well, we can't have everything, I guess.

        John (Dr. Cat)

        Prof. John H. Steele, Ph.D.
        Department of English
        University of Puerto Rico at Aguadilla