Hello to everybody

  • Nelba Quintana <escuelaunlp@yahoo.com.ar>
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2003
      Hello to everybody. First of all Happy New Year !
      I am Nelba Quintana from Argentina. I am very interested in using new
      tech in my classes. That is why I have created a virtual community:
      English Virtual Community or EVC. It has about 200 members and some
      of them are important and famous! :) (Vance, Dafne and Sus) I want
      to improve the community activities, so here I am trying to learn and
      share experiences.

      CU soon, Nelba
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2003
        Hello, Nelba!

        Happy New Year to you, too!

        Welcome to WIA 2003. But weren't you registered for EVOnline 2002? Your name
        seems familiar.

        Good luck with your EVC. Way to go!

        Best, Teresa

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2003
          Nelba, great presentation! Yes, I'm enjoying the membership of your Ingles
          group - as a lurker :-) You forgot to mention your connection with Dafne in
          being my co-observer on her English Acthitecture online class this summer
          :-)

          And, Tere, yes - I do think that Nelba might have been enrolled in the
          Previous evonline 2002 session. And, so was Dave Singer who also introduced
          himself recently. Dave, did we meet in the Australian comference, invited by
          Michael?

          Both of you are mentioned in Vance's EVONLINE member list, here:
          http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens//papers/evonline2002/community.htm

          Nevertheless, I do think that it is a good thing, from time to time, to
          re-introduce oneself, especially for newcomers to feel part of the ommunity,
          and inspire someone else to break out of the silence :-)

          Hugs, Sus
        • glenngo@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4, 2003
            Dear Sus,
            Sorry Sus but I'.ve never been to Australia. Thanks for asking though.
            Dave
          • Susanne Nyrop
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 4, 2003
              Hi Dave,

              Well, speaking for myself, I've been to Virtual Australia, only.

              But for the inspiring Networking 2002 all online conference, you're listed
              and introduced yourself as a co-presenter in our dear aussie Michael
              Coghlan's Webheads community disucssion, titled CROSS CULTURAL COMMUNICATION
              0NLINE - perspectives from around the globe - I just knew I'd met you
              before :-)

              Other active WIA fellows were Dafne, Rita and Chris Jones. I still remember
              how fun that was to meet you there, in a new setting, and speak about how to
              navigate aorund, checking the chatroom and the backpack, discover how to
              find the best stuff , and which discussions were hot or not :-)

              http://users.chariot.net.au/~michaelc/ccc/pres.htm

              Yours,
              sus

              PS I just found a new evaluation report from that NW2002 conference,
              and the site (with a few modifications) is still open for all to explore at
              http://flexiblelearning.net.au/nw2002/index.htm