Dennis: Getting downloads in the language of choice

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2009
      As an EFL English-speaking and teaching bloke in Germany I prefer
      my downloaded programs in English, but I am always getting them in
      German these days - GIMP, for example - even if the original site I
      visit is in English and if the installation program is in English. I
      suppose this happens because the installation program notes that my
      operating system is in German. How can I over-ride this?

      Dennis
      --
      Dennis Newson, retired,
      Formerly: University of Osnabrück.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 9, 2009
        Dennis,

        Try the Edit - Preferences menu in the software itself - or look for
        'Preferences' in one of the drop-down menus. Most software allows for a
        change of language somewhere in there..

        Gavin

        c/ Ceramica 54, 08035 Barcelona, Spain

        Tel: +34 93 427 4240 | +44 20 7193 0770