checking in at last

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 8, 2009
      Hi all,

      I'm so sorry I didn't write the list earlier but in case I've been missed, and it could happen on a sunday morning at noon gmt, as I'm almost always at tappedin at that time ...

      I've been in Mozambique. I think the first Sunday I was here we moved from Maputo up to a place called Tofo and buses are slow, we arrived about webheads time, had to find a room, and didn't find Internet till next day.

      We liked Tofo very much, saw some amazing things diving there, and ended up staying a week. So it was NEXT Sunday we moved again, and again a traveling day, arrived near dusk, found no internet. In that town Vilankulo, there apparently was none anywhere. We walked 45 minutes to a place that was supposed to have internet, found it didn't actually have it, broken. That's Africa ;-)

      The next Sunday we again moved to a place in the north, Pemba. There might be Internet in Pemba but we were staying on one of the beaches, and there was no Internet at that place.

      But we did see a sunfish off the reef there. I've never seen one of those in 40 years of diving before!

      I'm not sure where I'll be next Sunday. If I can get online I'll try at noon GMT. If not, I'll be back in Abu Dhabi on July 24.

      Again, sorry not to have informed this great group of my whereabouts till now. Thanks for the offlist messages asking where I was.

      Looking forward to catching up with Webheads in a couple of weeks,

      Vance
    • Susana Canelo
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 8, 2009
        Dear Vance :
        keep enjoying !!!...and share pictures with us. Thanks for remember the list in spite of having such a wonderful time.
        A hug from a very cold Argentina. With schools closed because of swine flu.Susana

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 9, 2009
          Can't wait to see your photos, Vance!

          Carla
          http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com

          On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Vance Stevens <vstevens@...>wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > I'm so sorry I didn't write the list earlier but in case I've been missed,
          > and it could happen on a sunday morning at noon gmt, as I'm almost always at
          > tappedin at that time ...
          >
          > I've been in Mozambique. I think the first Sunday I was here we moved from
          > Maputo up to a place called Tofo and buses are slow, we arrived about
          > webheads time, had to find a room, and didn't find Internet till next day.
          >
          > We liked Tofo very much, saw some amazing things diving there, and ended up
          > staying a week. So it was NEXT Sunday we moved again, and again a traveling
          > day, arrived near dusk, found no internet. In that town Vilankulo, there
          > apparently was none anywhere. We walked 45 minutes to a place that was
          > supposed to have internet, found it didn't actually have it, broken. That's
          > Africa ;-)
          >
          > The next Sunday we again moved to a place in the north, Pemba. There might
          > be Internet in Pemba but we were staying on one of the beaches, and there
          > was no Internet at that place.
          >
          > But we did see a sunfish off the reef there. I've never seen one of those
          > in 40 years of diving before!
          >
          > I'm not sure where I'll be next Sunday. If I can get online I'll try at
          > noon GMT. If not, I'll be back in Abu Dhabi on July 24.
          >
          > Again, sorry not to have informed this great group of my whereabouts till
          > now. Thanks for the offlist messages asking where I was.
          >
          > Looking forward to catching up with Webheads in a couple of weeks,
          >
          > Vance

        • Nina Lyulkun
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 9, 2009
            Enjoy your traveling around, you both deserve that.
            Looking forward to seeing your pics, they should be fantastic as usual.

            Regards,
            Nina from really hot Ukraine

            On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Vance Stevens
            <vstevens@...<vstevens%40emirates.net.ae>
            > >wrote:
            > > Hi all,
            > >
            > > I'm so sorry I didn't write the list earlier but in case I've been
            > missed,
            > > and it could happen on a sunday morning at noon gmt, as I'm almost always
            > at
            > > tappedin at that time ...
            > >
            > > I've been in Mozambique. I think the first Sunday I was here we moved
            > from
            > > Maputo up to a place called Tofo and buses are slow, we arrived about
            > > webheads time, had to find a room, and didn't find Internet till next
            > day.
            > >
            > > We liked Tofo very much, saw some amazing things diving there, and ended
            > up
            > > staying a week. So it was NEXT Sunday we moved again, and again a
            > traveling
            > > day, arrived near dusk, found no internet. In that town Vilankulo, there
            > > apparently was none anywhere. We walked 45 minutes to a place that was
            > > supposed to have internet, found it didn't actually have it, broken.
            > That's
            > > Africa ;-)
            > >
            > > The next Sunday we again moved to a place in the north, Pemba. There
            > might
            > > be Internet in Pemba but we were staying on one of the beaches, and there
            > > was no Internet at that place.
            > >
            > > But we did see a sunfish off the reef there. I've never seen one of those
            > > in 40 years of diving before!
            > >
            > > I'm not sure where I'll be next Sunday. If I can get online I'll try at
            > > noon GMT. If not, I'll be back in Abu Dhabi on July 24.
            > >
            > > Again, sorry not to have informed this great group of my whereabouts till
            > > now. Thanks for the offlist messages asking where I was.
            > >
            > > Looking forward to catching up with Webheads in a couple of weeks,
            > >
            > > Vance

          • vcautin
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 9, 2009
              Hello,

              Happy to hear that some weabheads are having such wonderful time and with
              hot weather.
              :)

              It's winter here. :(
              I'm writing because I'm surprised to hear about schools closed in Argentina
              due to swine flu.
              I didn't know that... Schools are closed here in Chile, too.
              How bad is swine flu in the rest of the wold?
              I have some students suffering from it, but they are recovering fast.
              Colleges aren't closed and I have classes until next week.

              Hope you're all fine and this winter passes without more troubles.

              Violeta.

              2009/7/8 Susana Canelo <susana_canelo@...>

              > Dear Vance :
              > keep enjoying !!!...and share pictures with us. Thanks for remember the
              > list in spite of having such a wonderful time.
              > A hug from a very cold Argentina. With schools closed because of swine
              > flu.Susana
              >
              > --- El mié 8-jul-09, Vance Stevens <vstevens@...<vstevens%40emirates.net.ae>>
              > escribió:
              >
              > De: Vance Stevens <vstevens@... <vstevens%40emirates.net.ae>>
              > Asunto: [evonline2002_webheads] checking in at last
              > Para: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com<evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>
              > Fecha: miércoles, 8 de julio de 2009, 3:03 pm
              >

              > Hi all,
              >
              > I'm so sorry I didn't write the list earlier but in case I've been missed,
              > and it could happen on a sunday morning at noon gmt, as I'm almost always at
              > tappedin at that time ...
              >
              > I've been in Mozambique. I think the first Sunday I was here we moved from
              > Maputo up to a place called Tofo and buses are slow, we arrived about
              > webheads time, had to find a room, and didn't find Internet till next day.
              >
              > We liked Tofo very much, saw some amazing things diving there, and ended up
              > staying a week. So it was NEXT Sunday we moved again, and again a traveling
              > day, arrived near dusk, found no internet. In that town Vilankulo, there
              > apparently was none anywhere. We walked 45 minutes to a place that was
              > supposed to have internet, found it didn't actually have it, broken. That's
              > Africa ;-)
              >
              > The next Sunday we again moved to a place in the north, Pemba. There might
              > be Internet in Pemba but we were staying on one of the beaches, and there
              > was no Internet at that place.
              >
              > But we did see a sunfish off the reef there. I've never seen one of those
              > in 40 years of diving before!
              >
              > I'm not sure where I'll be next Sunday. If I can get online I'll try at
              > noon GMT. If not, I'll be back in Abu Dhabi on July 24.
              >
              > Again, sorry not to have informed this great group of my whereabouts till
              > now. Thanks for the offlist messages asking where I was.
              >
              > Looking forward to catching up with Webheads in a couple of weeks,
              >
              > Vance

              Violeta Cautin
              Iquique, Chile

              http://fco08violeta.blogspot.com

              http://profesoresinnovadores.ning.com
              Facebook: Violeta Cautin Epifani

            • Patricia Glogowski
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 9, 2009
                Sounds like an amazing trip, Vance! Enjoy!

                Patricia

                On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 4:00 PM, vcautin <violeta.cautin@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > > apparently was none anywhere. We walked 45 minutes to a place that was
                > > supposed to have internet, found it didn't actually have it, broken.
                > That's
                > > Africa ;-)
                > >
                > > The next Sunday we again moved to a place in the north, Pemba. There
                > might
                > > be Internet in Pemba but we were staying on one of the beaches, and there
                > > was no Internet at that place.
                > >
                > > But we did see a sunfish off the reef there. I've never seen one of those
                > > in 40 years of diving before!
                > >
                > > I'm not sure where I'll be next Sunday. If I can get online I'll try at
                > > noon GMT. If not, I'll be back in Abu Dhabi on July 24.
                > >
                > > Again, sorry not to have informed this great group of my whereabouts till
                > > now. Thanks for the offlist messages asking where I was.
                > >
                > > Looking forward to catching up with Webheads in a couple of weeks,

                Patrysha Drechsler (SL)
                http://monitorhypothesis.typepad.com
                http://englishintoronto.blogspot.com

              • Michael Marzio
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 11, 2009
                  Amazing you can find internet access at all in remote African areas. Enjoy your exotic trip, Vance!