RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: LwC NECC 2009

  • Squires, Robert
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2009
      That is:

      http://blog.umt.edu/xlscommons/ or http://tinyurl.com/n5hddq

      Best,

      Robert

      -----Original Message-----
      From: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Squires, Robert
      Sent: Tue 7/7/2009 6:32 AM
      To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: LwC NECC 2009

      Hi Moira and all,

      I can't seem to post a comment in LwC these days, so I thought I would catch up with the discussion here. Your original message is below. Elluminate/LearnCentral will offer their rooms in a different format for educators in the near future. At present, only the V-room is available. In the first phase, members of LearnCentral will be able to schedule full-scale, recordable sessions through Elluminate. As things develop, there are plans to automate the process so that it becomes similar to scheduling a WizIQ session. While I don't usually take an outwardly critical approach to such offerings, I felt that Elluminate/Learn Central's move to develop THE social network for educators was a little on the cynical side--ultimately aimed at marketing their product--I might be wrong, it certainly wouldn't be the first time ;-). One could call it a brilliant marketing strategy. Steve Hargadon gives his response to my comments here. Judge for yourself: http://blog.umt.edu/xlscommons/

      Robert

      ------

      Hi Elizabeth and all,

      I'm afraid that I am really busy at the moment and can't offer my immediate help so please go ahead without taking my time zone into consideration.

      Eluminate has offered the Vroom for three and free since 2007 (I remember as moderator inviting all participants to get one in Week 4 BaW07) and has some good tutorials on the site. My interest in the Learncentral was to know whether, after all this time, Elluminate was making it's platform available to educators any differently. BC Campus, Learning Times and Scope (to name a few) have had this approach for a long time and it seems that Learncentral is going down the Web 2.0 social networking path http://www.elluminate.com/index.jsp.

      Moira :-)