Workshop on Web 2.0 for Violeta Iquique Chile

  • Nelba
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2009
      Hello Violeta et all,

      I have been giving workshops like the one you are preparing. My piece of advice according to my experience is be flexible: audience may be varied. I mean, there may be people who are not familiar at all with Web2.0 and people who are, so it is difficult to satisfy the whole audience.When I say flexible I mean that you may have prepared the workshop material, but you will have to adapt it to the audience necessities.
      If you want to have a look to the syllabus I prepared for this purpose, contact me to nelbaq@...

      Nelba Quintana
      alias Nelba Aeon en Second Life
      http://englishvirtualcommunity.blogspot.com (nominated for the "Top 100 Language Blogs 2009" competition!!!)

      Hello all,

      I'm happy to greet you after just lurking for several months.
      Well, I'm here to ask you for help.

      I've been asked to teach some workshops on Web 2.0 for teachers here in my city. I was wondering if any of you has already taught similar workshops (though you're probably far beyond that now- 3D and more) and would be
      willing to provide links to where I can find a "course syllabus" and/or presentations that I can adapt for this purpose.

      I would also love to hear some suggestions of what to include and what not to include, or any other experience that you have.
      I'm pretty sure you have plenty of anecdotes and suggestions from the workshops you have taught.

      I'm really excited because this is the first time they consider me for this kind of training (Since I majored in English they always considered me for English courses, and after years of teaching Basic English I was getting really bored). Of course this is all for free, but I'm happy anyway.

      Thanks a lot!

      Violeta Cautín

      --
      Violeta Cautin
      Iquique, Chile

    • Susana Canelo
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2009
        Hi Violeta !!!Just enjoy. I'm sure you'll do it PERFECT . And if you count on Nelba...just great.If you need any help you know, all Webheads are with you.A hug from Argentina
        Susana

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2009
          Hi, Violeta,

          This sounds exciting, and I'm/we're sure you're going to do just great.

          The following link takes you to a wiki created earlier this year for a workshop I did for EFL teachers in Qatar:

          http://quniv-workshop0902.wikispaces.com/

          Please feel free to contact me in private email should you need any kind of assistance.

          All the best,
          Buthaina (aka Buth)