Dennis - Internet Radio and BBC Radio 4 in Germany i.e. outside UK.

  • McMorrow, Martin
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 28, 2009
      I too listen to an internet radio down here in New Zealand - I bought it through ebay and had it sent over here (as it was cheaper than what was available locally). My favourite feature has been the 'on demand' facility offered by the BBC and some other broadcasters (something we don't have over here in NZ yet). So, I can go to Radio 4 or Radio 7, for instance and then select any of the programmes of the week and listen there and then. Yesterday - a rainy old day down south - I caught 'I'm sorry I haven't a clue' from Radio 4 and a couple of episodes of 'Hancock's Half Hour' and 'Steptoe and Son' from Radio 7 and Charlie Gillett's world music show from Radio 3. I also occasionally tune into local radio from Sao Paulo for some nostalgic traffic reports! The only downside is probably due to my internet service - from time to time the signal is interrupted for 'buffering'. Oh and football coverage is not available - when there's a game on and you tune into BBC Radio Five Live, you'll just get an apology message.

      Kia ora,

      Martin, Auckland