Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Welcoming Emma, Dave and all silent readers!

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 2, 2003
      Dear Emma,

      Welcome to our community! It seems you are the third Venezuelan with us.
      Great! You will feel right 'at home'. I did.

      From your career and your present work, we can already anticipate great and
      interesting contributions!

      A good and peaceful 2003 to you, Emma.

      Best, Teresa (from Portugal)

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 2, 2003
        Dear Emma,

        I am so glad to hear from you! We are almost neighbors :-) I am still
        in Valencia, Spain, working on my doctoral dissertation which I hope
        to finish this year. I knew you were on this list because I have seen
        your name in the members list; so, it is a nice surprise to see you
        have become active.

        Hugs and kisses,
        Dafne

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Emma Miliani"
        <emcdef@y...> wrote:
        > Dear Susan and all other webheads:
        >
        > Thank you for those comforting words.
        > I am very keen on learning all about new technologies and their use
        for educational purposes all over the world. I was unable at the
        beginning of the course to keep up with the assignments that would
        give one the ability to perform all of those routine things you all
        do now but I am working on it!!!
        > I'm married with two grown-up children and one grandchild.
        > I am a retired full professor from Universidad de Carabobo, in
        Venezuela and at present I am a visiting the University of la Tuscia,
        in Viterbo Italy (about 80 km from Rome). I have taught English,
        Grammar and linguistics at Carabobo and now I am learning italian and
        teaching English. I have been here since October this year.-----
        Original Message ----- Best wishes for a peaceful 2003 to every one.
        > Regards
        > Emma

        Being an
        > active or silent reader is much more decent than the mental image
        of someone
        > hiding to sneak on others. Me too, I am reading several mail
        lists in the
        > periphery without standing out in the open and presenting myself,
        either
        > because the topic is less relevant for me in my actual situation,
        or just
        > for convenience because I'm too busy elsewhere. Still, we'd love
        to hear
        > more about our more invisible friends.
        >
        > Why not take a next step and tell us a little about your own
        personal or
        > professional reason for reading all those postings about online
        learning
        > techniques and strategies. By doing so, you would certainly add
        to our pool
        > of shared knowledge. Remember, this is never too late, as this is
        an ongoing
        > activity :-)
        >
        > Yours,
        > Sus (in Denmark)

        > For more information:

        http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads
        .htm

        > Syllabus:

        http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/syllabus
        .htm

        Service.

      • Emma Miliani
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 5, 2003
          Dear Dafne, Teresa:
          Again, Thank you for the warm welcome. I will try to master all those skills you have all already developed. Nice to have you as a neighbors. I am glad your PhD work is working on schedule.
          What I am very worried about is the situation in Venezuela.
          I also wish you the very best for this year, among other things peace and good will.
          Warm regards to all,
          Emma