RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Google wave

  • Squires, Robert
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2009
      Third time lucky:
      http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/went-walkabout-brought-back-googl
      e-wave.html

      From: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Squires,
      Robert
      Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 3:49 PM
      To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Google wave

      I hope this link works now.

      From: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2009
        splitting the link on two lines is something yahoogroups/yahoo does whether
        we like it or not!(or such has been my experience and observation)

        I usually copy the TWO lines (split URL) onto a Word doc, then backspace to
        connect the two lines into ONE URL, then cut and paste the correct URL into
        my browser of choice. Always works like a charm for me. Not too much of a
        pain in the ___.

        But surely, if anyone knows how we can avoid this problem within
        Yahoogroups, please let us know!
        Holly

        On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Squires, Robert
        <robert.squires@...>wrote:

        > I hope this link works now.
        >
        > From: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com<evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>

        Holly (Dilatush)
        Charlottesville, VA USA
        holly@...
        (434) 960.7177 cell; (434) 295.9716 home

        Join http://EnglishCafe.com; it's fun!

        MLK: �Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.�
        (Holly�s addendum: �Are YOU creatively maladjusted?�)

        "Live with intention. Share inside-out smiles, inspire hope, seek awe and
        nurture in nature." (an original quote by holly)

        http://blogblossoms.edublogs.org
        Twitter ID = hollydilatush
        Skype ID = smilin7

      • Rita Zeinstejer
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2009
          Trying to see whether Holly's tip works ;-), thanks Holly and Robert! And yes, Google Wave looks promising...

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Holly Dilatush <holly@...> wrote:

          > splitting the link on two lines is something yahoogroups/yahoo does whether
          > we like it or not!(or such has been my experience and observation)
          >
          > I usually copy the TWO lines (split URL) onto a Word doc, then backspace to
          > connect the two lines into ONE URL, then cut and paste the correct URL into
          > my browser of choice. Always works like a charm for me. Not too much of a
          > pain in the ___.

        • Squires, Robert
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2009
            Thanks Rita,

            Seriously out of luck with links yesterday.

            Robert

            Trying to see whether Holly's tip works ;-), thanks Holly and Robert!
            And yes, Google Wave looks promising...

            http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/went-walkabout-brought-back-googl
            e-wave.html

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com> , Holly Dilatush
            <holly@...> wrote:

            > splitting the link on two lines is something yahoogroups/yahoo does
            whether
            > we like it or not!(or such has been my experience and observation)
            >
            > I usually copy the TWO lines (split URL) onto a Word doc, then
            backspace to
            > connect the two lines into ONE URL, then cut and paste the correct URL
            into
            > my browser of choice. Always works like a charm for me. Not too much
            of a
            > pain in the ___.

          • Paul Mountjoy
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 14, 2009
              Hi
              Its a long video on youtube but you can get a really good idea of the fun
              and possiblities that are coming down the pipe with wave.

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_UyVmITiYQ

              Paul