SpeedGeeking at Sunday noon GMT

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2009
      Hi folks,

      At our recent WiAOC event Kim Cofino and Jeff Utecht mentioned the technique
      of 'speedgeeking' which is ... hmmm ... it's making a presentation on
      educational technology in a given amount of time. The idea is to share
      accomplishments in ed tech in a concise fashion. There are obvious
      parallels with Pecha Kucha, including being brief and concise, and achieving
      efficiency in communication through careful advance planning.

      Although I haven't spoken to him for the past week, Nick Noakes and I agreed
      to turn up this sunday noon GMT or so and get the ball rolling. I suppose
      that this sunday that would mean discussing what speedgeeking is and lining
      up some speedgeekers for next Sunday.

      We should meet at http://tappedin.org as usual where I and others would be
      hanging out and directing traffic. Real speedgeek sessions would likely
      take place in Elluminate, most likely http://tinyurl.com/y3eh

      Nick, if you're paying attention here, reply to this message (if no reply
      soon I'll contact him on a backchannel).

      Meanwhile those who participate in our sunday noon gatherings, see you there