online foreign language methods course instructor needed

  • Laine
    Message 1 of 7 , May 29, 2009
      would anyone know of someone who could teach a methods course in foreign
      language for young children - online - this summer? It's a new course we
      are offering and I am over-committed already, so I am looking for an
      instructor - must have a master's degree. Can use Moodle or WebCT
      (blackboard). Good pay. I have more specifics if you know someone.

      Laine
    • Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
      Message 2 of 7 , May 31, 2009
        Does anyone know of a good Webhosting service?

        I have been asked to do a Web page(s) for a company that works in international development, but Geocities and other easily accessed Webhosts all seem to be shutting down.

        I'm looking for a highly professional standard, so cost is not a factor--just stability.

        Cheers--
        --Elizabeth
      • Barbara Dieu
        Message 3 of 7 , May 31, 2009
          >I'm looking for a highly professional standard, so cost is not a factor--just stability.
          If cost is not a problem I recommend Joyent
          http://www.joyent.com/connector/web-hosting/
          You can also find an extensive review here
          http://b2evolution.net/web-hosting/top-quality-best-webhosting.php
          Warm regards,
          Bee

          --
          Barbara Dieu
          http://barbaradieu.com
          Message 4 of 7 , May 31, 2009
            Elizabeth,

            I have been using Bravenet.com for years and it is highly reliable.

            Cheers,

            Daf

            Message 5 of 7 , May 31, 2009
              My personal favourite in terms of price, space and features is
              www.hostgator.com

              Best of all though, their customer service and suport is absolutely
              excellent (and I promise you I don't work for them :D )

              Seth.

              --
              Seth Dickens

              Homepage:
              http://www.digitalang.com

              Thoughts and practical tips on ICT in language education:
              http://www.digitalang.com/blog

              Twitter:
              www.twitter.com/sethdickens

            • Alicia
              Message 6 of 7 , May 31, 2009
                I contracted bluehost for 3 years some months ago, unlimited hosting for a great price! It's been working very well up to now.

                Prof.Alicia Barbitta
                www.focus.edu.uy

                Skype: aliciabarbitta
                Second Life: Wonderalica Alturas
                MSN: a_barbitta@...
                BLOG: www.focusingles.blogspot.com

                099 591 519 - 916 09 95 /21-22

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 1 2:08 AM
                  Hi Elizabeth,

                  That's going to be a difficult decision (after deciding if you require a Windows Server or an "ordinary server"), especially if cost is not an issue.

                  A price performer like BlueHost only has two or three 15-minute outage episodes per year.

                  Tables like this one
                  http://www.top10webhosting.com/
                  are numerous.

                  Good luck!