Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Merry Christmas everyone

  • glenngo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 26, 2002
      Hello to one and all,
      I am not sure if you got my

      Hello to one and all!
      I am not sure whether or not you got my previous holiday greetings, so let me
      wish alll of you a happy New Year. I am a silent member of the yahoo group,
      but do enjoy the e-mail. Thank you all.
      Dave Singer
      glenngo@...
    • Susanne Nyrop
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 27, 2002
        Hi Emma and Dave!

        Thanks a lot for your kind New Year greetings.

        We're always happy to hear from you. As it is common in all communities,
        members participate more or less active - offline as well as online. The
        visible ones contribute to the content, some of us often and others more
        unfrequently. And, then we do have quite a lot of so-called lurkers. In my
        ears, the term "Lurker " sound not so nice, or even negative. Being an
        active or silent reader is much more decent than the mental image of someone
        hiding to sneak on others. Me too, I am reading several mail lists in the
        periphery without standing out in the open and presenting myself, either
        because the topic is less relevant for me in my actual situation, or just
        for convenience because I'm too busy elsewhere. Still, we'd love to hear
        more about our more invisible friends.

        Why not take a next step and tell us a little about your own personal or
        professional reason for reading all those postings about online learning
        techniques and strategies. By doing so, you would certainly add to our pool
        of shared knowledge. Remember, this is never too late, as this is an ongoing
        activity :-)

        Yours,
        Sus (in Denmark)
      • glenngo@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 28, 2002
          Dear Sus et al,
          Let me introduce myself to you--though I am a silent participant. I am
          married and have two daughters, 18 and 21. I have a Ph.D. in history, and am
          interested in all the liberal arts, but especially history and related areas
          in social thought, philosophy and the scientific study of religion, and
          languages and linguistics. I have taught on all educational levels from high
          school to the university, and worked as a substitute in elementary schools.
          My most recent position--the best job I ever had--was at DeVry University
          teaching E.S.L. and history, but I lost my position because of the recession.
          I am working now but am seeking a position in a college or university. I
          have published. I am not an active participant because I do not have a
          position in E.S.L. right now Kind of choppy writing but I guess that it's a
          good start. Would you like more info? And thanks for asking me to introduce
          myself.
          Happy New Year to all!
          Dave glenngo@...
        • Emma Miliani
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 2, 2003
            Dear Susan and all other webheads:

            Thank you for those comforting words.
            I am very keen on learning all about new technologies and their use for educational purposes all over the world. I was unable at the beginning of the course to keep up with the assignments that would give one the ability to perform all of those routine things you all do now but I am working on it!!!
            I'm married with two grown-up children and one grandchild.
            I am a retired full professor from Universidad de Carabobo, in Venezuela and at present I am a visiting the University of la Tuscia, in Viterbo Italy (about 80 km from Rome). I have taught English, Grammar and linguistics at Carabobo and now I am learning italian and teaching English. I have been here since October this year.----- Original Message ----- Best wishes for a peaceful 2003 to every one.
            Regards
            Emma

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 2, 2003
              Dear Emma,

              Welcome to our community! It seems you are the third Venezuelan with us.
              Great! You will feel right 'at home'. I did.

              From your career and your present work, we can already anticipate great and
              interesting contributions!

              A good and peaceful 2003 to you, Emma.

              Best, Teresa (from Portugal)

            • Dafne <dygonza@yahoo.com>
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 2, 2003
                Dear Emma,

                I am so glad to hear from you! We are almost neighbors :-) I am still
                in Valencia, Spain, working on my doctoral dissertation which I hope
                to finish this year. I knew you were on this list because I have seen
                your name in the members list; so, it is a nice surprise to see you
                have become active.

                Hugs and kisses,
                Dafne

                --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Emma Miliani"
                <emcdef@y...> wrote:
                > Dear Susan and all other webheads:
                >
                > Thank you for those comforting words.
                > I am very keen on learning all about new technologies and their use
                for educational purposes all over the world. I was unable at the
                beginning of the course to keep up with the assignments that would
                give one the ability to perform all of those routine things you all
                do now but I am working on it!!!
                > I'm married with two grown-up children and one grandchild.
                > I am a retired full professor from Universidad de Carabobo, in
                Venezuela and at present I am a visiting the University of la Tuscia,
                in Viterbo Italy (about 80 km from Rome). I have taught English,
                Grammar and linguistics at Carabobo and now I am learning italian and
                teaching English. I have been here since October this year.-----
                Original Message ----- Best wishes for a peaceful 2003 to every one.
                > Regards
                > Emma

                http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads
                .htm

                > Syllabus:

                http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/syllabus
                .htm

                Service.

              • Emma Miliani
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 5, 2003
                  Dear Dafne, Teresa:
                  Again, Thank you for the warm welcome. I will try to master all those skills you have all already developed. Nice to have you as a neighbors. I am glad your PhD work is working on schedule.
                  What I am very worried about is the situation in Venezuela.
                  I also wish you the very best for this year, among other things peace and good will.
                  Warm regards to all,
                  Emma