[evonline2002_webheads] check out web.icq.com

  • Susanne Nyrop
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
      Hi everybody,

      Hopefully the fast exchange of emails is not making anyone too
      exhausted! This is actually an excellent way of sharing all our
      experiences, troubleshooting and concerns, and to make an online
      community, the basic software need to be well tested and described
      from as many viewpoints as possible!

      I just wanted to tell I registered with ease for the free online accessible ICQ

      http:///web.icq.com
      (the ICQ light version is freeware and I was not invaded by an
      overwhealm of promising banner ads)

      Mac users - I was very happy because connecting to ICQ has been out
      of reach, as Yahoo messenger does not support mac systems older than
      v. 8.5 (and my 6400 computer runs 8.1 with best result).

      There is possibility to fill out your personal and professional data
      and interests, add a photo etc, but as a startup I prefer to stay
      undescribed in this unknown global searchable forum.

      I found Vance Stevens easily just by name and state, and invited him
      to be on my list. Now, it is possible for any of you to invite me on
      your ICQ list if desired, and I would also like to get a lot of yours
      on my list, as well. (just a modern way of exchanging phone numbers,
      or those tiny business cards :-)

      My online ICQ name is s.nyrop and the number is 149365400

      Yours, Susanne

      Only concern (if any) was that I had to use the blocking of my first
      contact, a friendly invitation from "Linda", who showed up to be a
      dirty erotic something, possibly a commercial sex pusher? I was aware
      because the system warned me that the message might come from a non
      ICQ source (or something similar).