Re: WIAOC 2009

    Message 1 of 8 , May 3, 2009
      Hi Mike,

      I penciled you in for the 1500 gmt slot on May 24 to hold it for you. I also approved all outstanding requests to write in our wiki so you should be good to go to fill in the rest.

      Thanks whoever put all the countdown timers at our planning wiki. I've seeded a few of our wiki pages with the least obtrusive of the bunch (attracts attn though, red background). We have 18 days to go.

      I'm heading for Tapped In now. There are a few things that need doing as we head into the last few laps before the finish. I must say that without the vetting process preparation for this one has been almost ... relaxing :-)) And it seems to be going well.

      We've had two suggestions that would require altering the schedule tables. One is that we let people sign up for concurrent events, but again to keep things relaxing, I'm thinking that this impacts our webcasters and would stretch us thin at some points, and I haven't yet sensed a demand. I think I'll put a note that if anyone wants to run a concurrent event we an add a row for that hour in the schedule.

      Second thing was to have another column for moderator of the session but I think we can write moderator's names in under TIME.

      So next we need some hands on deck. First thing is if you want to moderate a session or block of times (be in Elluminate, make sure people hold to times, help facilitate things technically) then you can pencil yourself in under TIME column 1 on any schedule.

      Second, I'm in process of writing keynoters to remind them to update their pages. I'm saying that if they would prefer we do it, we will. I need helpers now to each take a keynote presenter and find pics of that person, write in bio info, in case they keynoter doesn't.

      There's more but I'm being distracted at Tapped In so I'll send this and follow on later,

      Vance