Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: sites to create and post videos

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30, 2009
      Hi, Aiden and Seth!

      Thanks for the feedback (Aiden) and correction (Seth). You're absolutely
      right.

      My experience so far with Posterous is this: when I send an email message
      with the attached file (audio, video or image), I can write the text message
      I want.

      I sent an audio file (without any text) during my presentation this
      afternoon at the APPI Conf in Lisbon. A participant volunteered to record
      the sound file with Audacity, then we emailed it to my Posterous and in
      about two minutes it was published and being heard. What an impact!!! :-)

      If I send it through Tokbox or Sightspeed, I'm not sure at this point, but I
      promise to explore the matter.

      What I do know, Seth, is that I don't like all the "publicity" that
      Sightspeed includes, but I left it on purpose to call the participants'
      attention to the matter. However, as I told them, I think there's a way
      around this and also to your question. When we're the owner of the
      Posterous, we have an option to Edit or Delete each file. When you click
      Edit, an editor opens. This means, I believe, that I can delete most of the
      SS publicity as well as include an explanatory note for students.

      Give Posterous a try! I think it's worthwhile.

      As a last comment, I had a full house for the first time and after the
      session several colleagues came up and told me how they'd enjoyed the
      presentation and would love to have teacher training about these tools. I
      hope to be able to do it. :-)

      Hugs, Teresa (feeling very appi!!!!! get the pun??!! ;-) pun used by
      Prof. David Crystal, the keynote speaker this morning)

      > Hiya Aiden,
      >
      > I think Teresa has given us the address of when she was logged in, which
      > uses "secure" http (https.) Try clicking on the link again but deleting
      > the
      > "s" from the address eg:
      >
      > http://teresadeca.posterous.com/
      >
      > It's working for me :)
      >
      > Also the link to your video works fine for me Teresa. Thanks! It took a
      > few
      > seconds to figure out how I should access the video (I was expcting a big
      > Youtube style screen) so I guess if I used it with my students I would
      > probably want to write a note that explains exactly what to do. Was there
      > anywhere in the posting process you couyld have added your own note
      > Teresa?
      >
      > Thanks for sharing this,
      >
      > Seth.
      >
      > 2009/4/30 Aiden Yeh <aidenyeh@...>
      >

      >> Hi Tere,
      >>
      >> Here's what I got when I clicked the link to your video (
      >> https://teresadeca.posterous.com/), "Sorry, but the message you are
      >> trying
      >> to access does not exist.If you need further assistance, please contact
      >> SightSpeed support at support@... <support%40sightspeed.com>"
      >>
      >> 'just letting you know.
      >>
      >> Aiden
    • Michael Marzio
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2009
        Hi Tere,

        Both Posterous and Sight Speed are also working perfectly for me. Good tools.

        Mike M.
        http://www.real-english.com/

        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2009
          Hi, Mike!

          Thanks for the info.

          Have you seen Vance's Posterous? He's something!!!! ;-)
          http://vancestevens.posterous.com/dusty-and-vance-conquer-jebel-qatr-again-not

          Hugs, Teresa

          > Hi Tere,
          > Both Posterous and Sight Speed are also working perfectly for me. Good
          > tools.
          > Mike M.
          > http://www.real-english.com/
        • Michael Marzio
          Message 4 of 10 , May 2, 2009
            Is that Vance or his son Dusty rock climbing in the first photo at Posterous
            http://tinyurl.com/dzdxrx
            ?

            I wouldn't be surprised if it was Vance. I've already seen him underwater playing with... sharks? or were they dolphins?

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Teresa Almeida d'Eca" <tmvaz@...> wrote:

            > Hi, Mike!
            >
            > Thanks for the info.
            >
            > Have you seen Vance's Posterous? He's something!!!! ;-)
            > http://vancestevens.posterous.com/dusty-and-vance-conquer-jebel-qatr-again-not
          • Jane Petring
            Message 5 of 10 , May 2, 2009
              Vance takes living on the edge to a whole new level!
              http://vancestevens.posterous.com/dusty-and-vance-conquer-jebel-qatr-again-not

              Jane