Technical Question for those using Google Friend Connect

  • Michael Marzio
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2009
      Hi Webhead Techies,

      I've spent an entire day googling an answer to this question, with no success:

      I added Google Friend Connect to my site about 6 weeks ago. Works great. Enables an old Web 1.0 guy like me to have ongoing conversations with users of my site. One more step into Web 2.0.

      Then I decided to start a Blogger blog, and to leave my Wordpress blog for archives only. Blogger's Number 1 Widget is Google Friend Connect, but when I add it, my existing members do not show up. Just me all alone.

      I've tried a dozen things, such as copying the google friend connect code from my site with its 380 members into Blogger, which does not work, so I changed the code according to all the "hints" on the Friend Connect support pages and forums. (Nobody has answered my question on those forums, and I asked it on 6 separate forums). I know there are smart webheads with lots of technical savvy so I thought I would try.

      The site with Friend Connect:
      http://www.real-english.com/
      The Blogger blog I want to add Friend Connect to:
      http://the-original-real-english.blogspot.com/

      TIA!
      Mike M.