Re:Blogging Online collaboration Sanja and Ronaldo

  • Saša Sirk
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 29 6:03 AM
      Hey Ronaldo,
      I'm sorry, I have been reading messages here but have overlooked your suggested here - I think it's definitely a good idea to aggregate these things someplace.
      Saša
      p.s. just learnt about Nina Lyulkun's class blog at http://dim-khnu.blogspot.com/

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Ronaldo Lima, Jr." <ronaldo.limajr@...> wrote:

      > Hi Nelba and Helen,
      >
      > It would be great to have our students connected. Maybe we could put up a
      > netvibes or pageflakes with our class blogs so that students have a common
      > place to interact, what do you think?
      >
      > Kindest regards from Brazil!
      >
      > Ronaldo
      > http://ihopeitworks.blogspot.com
      > http://twitter.com/ronaldojunior
      >
      > ----------------------------------
    • Carla arena
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 29 6:24 AM
        Hey, guys, I've just added our aggregator to the other thread about this
        topic.

        http://www.pageflakes.com/webheadsblogs/23367565
        Here, you can add all the class blogs.

        email: brazilargentina@...
        password: webheads

        Cheers!
        Carla

        http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com (new explorations!)
        http://explorations.bloxi.jp

      • myprof@free.fr
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 29 8:08 AM
          Hi Ronaldo and everyone
          this sounds like a very good idea ! I'm only a beginner at pageflakes - still
          trying to organise my page : which looks as messy as my desk does ;)
          Let's try then - I'll learn a bit more about flakes or vibes that way !
          bye for now
          Helen in Nice
          (wet and cold)

          Selon Saša Sirk <sasa@...>:

          > Hey Ronaldo,
          > I'm sorry, I have been reading messages here but have overlooked your
          > suggested here - I think it's definitely a good idea to aggregate these
          > things someplace.
          > Saša
          > p.s. just learnt about Nina Lyulkun's class blog at
          > http://dim-khnu.blogspot.com/
          >
          > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Ronaldo Lima, Jr."
          > <ronaldo.limajr@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Nelba and Helen,
          > >
          > > It would be great to have our students connected. Maybe we could put up a
          > > netvibes or pageflakes with our class blogs so that students have a common
          > > place to interact, what do you think?
          > >
          > > Kindest regards from Brazil!
          > >
          > > Ronaldo
          > > http://ihopeitworks.blogspot.com
          > > http://twitter.com/ronaldojunior
          > >
          > > ----------------------------------

        • Nina Lyulkun
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 29 10:22 AM
            Dear Sasha!

            Thank you for mentioning my blog for the coming Students' Online
            Conference<http://dim-khnu.blogspot.com/>April 20-24. I am just
            thinking to spread the word about it. It takes enough
            time for me to create this space for students of Ukraine and ones from
            around the world to participate. The matter is that our students are
            absolute newbies in exploring the Internet. Besides, they are of low and
            intermediate level mostly. They are majoring in economics and learn English
            only one lesson per week. Though, my colleagues and I are trying to do our
            best to motivate them to pay more time to learn English autonomously. The
            Internet is just the best place for improving English for free.

            I do hope that they will be more motivated after participating at the
            conference.
            Sasha, thank you very much for the comment to Natasha. She was so much
            excited when read you message. She was so happy, and me too.

            Thanks Evelyn (she recommended me to create another space for collaborating
            at Ning) I have created it today <http://espcommunity.ning.com/> also. It's
            really my first experience of doing that. Long time ago, Moira introduced
            Ning to me and I am very much thankful to her for that experience. Then
            Carla and the team helped me to improve this knowledge.

            Dear Carla, I have logged to the pageflakes and added the Conference blog
            into there. I'd like to ask you to ignore two postings which are in
            Ukrainian. Students are still working at their papers to post them to the
            blog. More will appear soon.

            Is it impossible to add Ning to the pageflakes?

            There is another blog for running one more conference by my colleagues from
            Vinnytsia Pedagogical University. The conference starts tomorrow, March 30.
            If you are interested in, here is the link
            <http://conferences-online.blogspot.com/> . The blog created by myself.

            Dear webheads, I will be very much grateful if you can stop by and leave you
            short comments there. I know it is very important for students and for
            teachers to be motivated.

            Thank you in advance.
            Warmly,
            Nina Lyulkun

            On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 6:08 PM, <myprof@...> wrote:

            > Hi Ronaldo and everyone
            > this sounds like a very good idea ! I'm only a beginner at pageflakes -
            > still
            > trying to organise my page : which looks as messy as my desk does ;)
            > Let's try then - I'll learn a bit more about flakes or vibes that way !
            > bye for now
            > Helen in Nice
            > (wet and cold)
            >
            > Selon Sa�a Sirk <sasa@... <sasa%40rthand.com>>:
            >

            > > Hey Ronaldo,
            > > I'm sorry, I have been reading messages here but have overlooked your
            > > suggested here - I think it's definitely a good idea to aggregate these
            > > things someplace.
            > > Sa�a
            > > p.s. just learnt about Nina Lyulkun's class blog at
            > > http://dim-khnu.blogspot.com/
            > >
            > > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com<evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > "Ronaldo Lima, Jr."
            > > <ronaldo.limajr@...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi Nelba and Helen,
            > > >
            > > > It would be great to have our students connected. Maybe we could put up
            > > > netvibes or pageflakes with our class blogs so that students have a
            > common
            > > > place to interact, what do you think?
            > > >
            > > > Kindest regards from Brazil!
            > > >
            > > > Ronaldo
            > > > http://ihopeitworks.blogspot.com
            > > > http://twitter.com/ronaldojunior

          • Maria Rosario Di Mónaco
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 29 9:23 PM
              Dear All,

              I've taken the liberty of adding one of my class blogs to the webheads pageflakes. Hope you don't mind!

              Like you, I believe in the numerous benefits of writing for an authentic audience, so I started this blog a couple of weeks ago, shortly after the beginning of our f2f classes. It's for a group of adolescents and young adults - most of them inexperienced and reluctant bloggers - who are preparing to sit the CAE exam.

              We are using the blog mainly as an extension of our f2f classes. So far, I've invited them to introduce themselves, and now I'm planning to coax them into writing about the qualities needed for a particular job, in response to an interesting video I found in YouTube. Then, when they're more familiar with the environment, I'd like to use voicethread or chinswing to work on listening and speaking.

              If you have students working at a similar level, it'd be fantastic to see their comments there. BTW, I'm planning to redirect them to Ronaldo's blog when we deal with essay writing. Great work there, Ronaldo!

              I'd love to be part of this joint project if you accept me.

              Cheers,
              Mary

              PS: Carla, your wonderful tutorial help me a lot with this, my first experience of using pageflakes. Thanks!

              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, myprof@... wrote:

              > Hi Ronaldo and everyone
              > this sounds like a very good idea ! I'm only a beginner at pageflakes - still
              > trying to organise my page : which looks as messy as my desk does ;)
              > Let's try then - I'll learn a bit more about flakes or vibes that way !
            • Nelba
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 30 4:32 AM
                Hi, Ronaldo and everybody:
                I let you decide about the tool to use for blog collaboration.
                Nelba
                http://englishvirtualcommunity.blogspot.com

                Yahoo! Cocina
                Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
                http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/

              • Ronaldo Lima, Jr.
                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 30 5:33 AM
                  Wow, I'm really thrilled about all this! You people are super!

                  I've just talked to Carla (it's great to work right next to her) and we
                  thought that the best thing would be to use the webheads pageflake to
                  aggregate participating class blogs. Carla has created a tab called
                  "Collaborative Projects" especifically for this. So, if you're new to
                  pageflakes, here is what you should do:

                  - access the *Collaborative Projects* tab (
                  http://www.pageflakes.com/webheadsblogs/26305535)
                  - Log in using email brazilargentina@... and password *webheads*
                  - click on the big flake on the top right part of the page and a
                  drop-down box will appear. In the bottom left of that box there is a link
                  *add RSS feed*. Click there and the url of your class blog.

                  That's it, a new flake with your class blog should appear there. If you
                  still have difficulties adding your blog, you can give me the url and I'll
                  add it for you. Then, we can all advetise this place to our students (
                  http://www.pageflakes.com/webheadsblogs/) and have them read other classes'
                  blogs to leave comments and questions and start our intercultural
                  interaction. *You're all invited to participate with your classes*!

                  Also, a good idea would be to have our students write about the same topic,
                  or, at least, something somehow related to a broader topic. I know some of
                  you (like me) won't have much flexibility to change writing topics due to
                  the text book you're using, but we can always try to adapt. I believe that
                  if we write about similar topics, our students will have more to talk about.

                  As most of you have seen, my students' first essay was an expository essay
                  about "The most useful gadget for XXI century teenagers", so anything
                  related to technology could be a topic. Also, our next one will be a
                  narrative essay about one of the two following topics *Coming in first* or *The
                  first time I did something*, so any topic related to winning, competitions,
                  sports, or first time doing something (like First day at school, for
                  example) would be connected. I will assign this essay this Thursday and
                  students will take some two weeks to work with the drafts (revising and
                  editing) before publishing, so we will probably have our next essay up on
                  the blog on April 23.

                  If you have ideas or suggestions that could benefit the whole group, make
                  sure to keep this thread going, and if you have more specific doubts or
                  suggestions, you can also contact me directly (ronaldo.limajr@... and
                  ronaldo.lima.junior on skype).

                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 31 3:58 PM
                    Hi, people.

                    I have followed Ronaldo's instructions and added my two class blogs: intermediate teens and adults. They will start posting about what they use Internet for during the first two weeks in April.

                    Your students are invited to participate. Please, remind them to write their names and country/city.

                    Nelba Quintana
                    alias Nelba Aeon en Second Life
                    http://englishvirtualcommunity.blogspot.com

                    Yahoo! Cocina
                    Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
                    http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/

                  • Nina Liakos
                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 3, 2009
                      Nagora,
                      I've been collecting low-level grammar videos on my class blog at http://001spr2009.blogspot.com Please share it with your students if you think they could benefit from it!
                      Nina in MD

                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 3, 2009
                        Nina,

                        Thanks a lot, it is so kind of you. I will add them for students to work
                        out.

                        Hugs,
                        NA

                        On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> wrote:

                        > Nagora,
                        > I've been collecting low-level grammar videos on my class blog at
                        > http://001spr2009.blogspot.com Please share it with your students if you
                        > think they could benefit from it!
                        > Nina in MD
                        >

                        > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com<evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>,
                        > Nina Lyulkun <nina.lyulkun@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > The matter is that our students are
                        > > absolute newbies in exploring the Internet. Besides, they are of low and
                        > > intermediate level mostly. They are majoring in economics and learn
                        > English
                        > > only one lesson per week. Though, my colleagues and I are trying to do
                        > our
                        > > best to motivate them to pay more time to learn English autonomously. The
                        > > Internet is just the best place for improving English for free.

                      • Maria Irene Albers
                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 3, 2009
                          Dear Nina Liakos,
                          The link you indicated (http://001spr2009. blogspot. com.) in your message to Nagora seems to have a problem, it took me to Blogger Status, and it says the site is out due to maintenance.
                          Greetings from Valencia, Venezuela, have a nice weekend,

                          María Irene Albers de Urriola
                          Departamento de Idiomas Modernos
                          Facultad de Ciencias de la Educación
                          Universidad de Carabobo

                          ________________________________

                          Message 12 of 18 , Apr 4, 2009
                            Dear Nina,

                            It doesn't work fo me either.
                            Can you check and sent the right one again, please?

                            Thanks,
                            Nina Lyulkun

                            Message 13 of 18 , Apr 4, 2009
                              Hi Nina and Maria,

                              I've checked again, and now it works prettty good.
                              Thanks a ton for sharing, Nina.

                              Love,
                              Nina Lyulkun

                              Message 14 of 18 , Apr 6, 2009
                                Sorry guys, I don't know what happened with the blog link. One of my students also told me he had trouble accessing it. This link <http://001spr2009.blogspot.com/> should work. It is zero zero one two thousand nine dot blogspot dot com.
                                Nina

                                Message 15 of 18 , Apr 6, 2009
                                  Hi Nina,

                                  When I tried to acces it for the first time it said that there was some sort
                                  of problem with the server, but then the next time it worked pretty good.
                                  So, perhaps, it was the problem on the blogger server.

                                  Now it works ok.

                                  Thanks again for sharing . I have linked it to my students and to the
                                  students conference blog.

                                  Hugs,
                                  Nina Lyulkun