Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education: Panel Discussion about TESOL EVO session at 13.00GMT (6.00 SL time)

  • Graham Stanley
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2009
      Hi everyone,

      apologies for cross-posting...

      If any of you are free in 2 hours time and interested in attending the
      panel discussion about the TESOL EVO workshop on 'Virtual Worlds & Language
      Learning', then here are the details:

      PANEL: Language Teachers in Virtual
      Worlds<http://wiki.vwbpe.org/index.php?title=Language_Teachers_in_Virtual_Worlds>
      Nergiz Kern (RL) Daffodil Fargis (SL)
      Dennis Newson (RL) Osnacantab Nesterov (SL)
      Nick Noakes (RL) Corwin Carillon (SL) *Hong Kong University of Science and
      Technology*
      Graham Stanley (RL) Baldric Commons (SL) *ICT British Council Young Learner
      Center Barcelona Spain*

      Moderator: LoriVonne Lustre

      More information: http://wiki.vwbpe.org/index.php?title=Schedule

      ABSTRACT:

      This panel discussion will present the experiences from a 6-week online
      workshop organised through TESOL's 'Electronic Village Online' and aimed at
      introducing educators to best practice in learning and teaching languages in
      virtual worlds (http://vwll.pbwiki.com/Course-Outline ). Over 220
      registrants signed up for the free workshop in Jan and Feb 2009. The team of
      four co-facilitators used both web 2.0 and virtual world platforms in
      helping a large number of participants in their journey from account
      creation to team teaching a practice lesson over the 6-week period. This
      presentation will begin by describing the experiences and evaluations from
      the perspectives of the participants and the facilitators and then we will
      have a guided discussion on the best ways of using Second Life for teaching
      and learning languages.

    • Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2009
        Sorry I missed this event, Graham--
        Any further news/report about what happened there?
        Cheers--
        --Elizabeth