Movie segments to assess grammar blog

  • Ronaldo Lima, Jr.
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 5 5:57 AM
      Hello everybody!

      Sorry if you have already read about this through my tweet, but I really
      want to promote this blog. It's a blog a teacher/coordinator of Casa Thomas
      Jefferson (in Brasília, where Carla Arena, Erika Cruivinel, José Antônio and
      I work) has created with video activities to assess grammar goals. The
      activities are very useful, easy to be carried out and there are new
      activities published on a weekly basis. The url is:

      http://moviesegmentstoassessgrammargoals.blogspot.com/

      Hope you enjoy it!
      Kindest regards from Brazil!

      Ronaldo Lima Jr
      http://ihopeitworks.blogspot.com
      ronaldojunior on Twitter

    • Aiden Yeh
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 5 6:48 AM
        This is a great blog, Ronaldo. Thanks for sharing :-)

        Aiden

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 5 8:51 AM
          Thanks Ronaldo !!!
          Fantastic blog indeed. When I saw Claudio's photo, I remembered him immediately . I met him two years ago in a Congress in Bs As.
          I added it to my class blog and be sure I'll use it with my students.

          Thanks again
          Susana

          > This is a great blog, Ronaldo. Thanks for sharing :-)
          >
          > Aiden
          >
          > --- On Thu, 3/5/09, Ronaldo Lima, Jr.
          > <ronaldo.limajr@...> wrote:
          >

          > From: Ronaldo Lima, Jr. <ronaldo.limajr@...>
          > Subject: [evonline2002_webheads] Movie segments to assess
          > grammar blog
          > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
          > Date: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 9:57 PM
          >

          > Hello everybody!
          >
          > Sorry if you have already read about this through my tweet,
          > but I really
          > want to promote this blog. It's a blog a
          > teacher/coordinator of Casa Thomas
          > Jefferson (in Brasília, where Carla Arena, Erika
          > Cruivinel, José Antônio and
          > I work) has created with video activities to assess grammar
          > goals. The
          > activities are very useful, easy to be carried out and
          > there are new
          > activities published on a weekly basis. The url is:
          >
          > http://moviesegment stoassessgrammar goals.blogspot. com/
          >
          > Hope you enjoy it!
          > Kindest regards from Brazil!
          >
          > Ronaldo Lima Jr
          > http://ihopeitworks .blogspot. com
          > ronaldojunior on Twitter

          Yahoo! Cocina
          Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
          http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/
        • Marcela Amaral
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 8 8:55 AM
            Ronaldo,

            Congratulations on your website!!! Great idea!! I love to work with movies! Very helpfull web!!!
            Thanks for sharing!!
            Marcela

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 8 9:08 AM
              Congrats, Ronaldo!

              This blog is fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

              Just a question. Would there be any chance that you could post the
              clips separately from the activities as well? In that case, we would
              be able to direct sts to your blog to watch, without them looking at
              the exercises. Perhaps I'm doing sth wrong, but I couldn't find any
              link to the clips on their own.

              Thanks again.
            • Maria Rosario Di Mónaco
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 8 3:08 PM
                Fantastic blog, Ronaldo! An engaging way of approaching grammar exercises. Students never fail to be attracted by activities featuring movies.

                BTW, I second Mariel's question since some of the exercises are already solved.

                Thanks for sharing,
                Mary

                --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Mariel Amez <mamez2222@...> wrote:

                > Congrats, Ronaldo!
                >
                > This blog is fantastic! Thanks for sharing!
                >
                > Just a question. Would there be any chance that you could post the
                > clips separately from the activities as well? In that case, we would
                > be able to direct sts to your blog to watch, without them looking at
                > the exercises. Perhaps I'm doing sth wrong, but I couldn't find any
                > link to the clips on their own.
                >
                > Thanks again.

              • Ronaldo Lima, Jr.
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 9 3:50 AM
                  Hi everybody!

                  I'm really glad many of you have found the blog I suggested useful (
                  http://moviesegmentstoassessgrammargoals.blogspot.com/).
                  I too love to work with videos in the classroom.
                  I just would like to give credit to the author of the blog, my colleague
                  Cláudio Azevedo (I just recommended it), and if you want to contact him, his
                  email is claudioazevedo@... and he is very accessible and open to
                  suggestions.
                  I'll forward your suggestions to him, Muriel and Mary.