Re: Get free graded readers to evaluate with your students

  • e17elisenda
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1 1:51 AM
      Hi everyone,

      I can't participate because I don't fit in the requirements... Sorry.
      At least, not this year/course.
      But, I tried to enter to http://moodlereader.org for more information
      on this project but, I need a password... Do I need to get it from
      you?

      Thanks. And congratulations for your job, it's a good idea to
      encourage reading!

      ELISENDA.

      > Right now, as a member of the Extensive Reading Foundation, I am
      > trying to find more teachers to participate in our annual "Graded
      > Reader Giveaway." The initial deadline for applications was February
      > 20, but none of the categories has yet reached its full complement
      of
      > 10 participants, so the deadline has been extended to March 10.
      >
      > This year, from graded readers published in 2008, the ERF judges
      will
      > choose three finalist titles in each of 5 categories: Young
      Learners,
      > and 4 Adolescent & Adult categories¬óBeginner, Elementary,
      > Intermediate, Upper Intermediate/Advanced. In each category, two
      > copies each of the three finalist titles are placed in the hands of
      10
      > classes around the world. Successful applicants will receive the
      books
      > soon after the finalists have been announced at the beginning of
      April
      > 2009.
      >
      > You may apply for consideration if:
      >
      > 1. Your class, school or library has an extensive reading program
      > in place to which the supplied titles can be added.
      > 2. Students can read, evaluate and vote for the books by the July
      > 10 deadline.
      >
      > For complete information on how to apply, please go to the ERF
      > website: http://erfoundation.org
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Tom Robb

    • helen davies
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2 2:12 AM
        Hi Tom
        this looks really interesting for my pupils and I've been running
        round in circles trying to apply and get into the website or the
        moodle - to no avail : my mails bounce back at me :((
        Could you give me a hand here please - if it's not too late to apply ?
        thanks
        Helen in Nice

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "e17elisenda"