Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Request for speaker on Mobile Learning - cross posting to multilit list

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2009
      Hi Folks,

      I want to thank the community for coming together on these recommendations.
      Two interesting developments are

      1. Mark Kramer has joined this list, and welcome Mark, you come highly
      recommended, and I've just started following you on Twitter. Looking
      forward to your micropostings.

      2. I think Amy is working on arranging some kind of event with Mark. It
      would be scheduled at some point Tuesday Feb 10 in the afternoon or evening
      GMT

      This would likely be a part of the EVO 2009 Multiliteracies live lecture
      series and you can find out more at
      http://goodbyegutenberg.pbwiki.com/Events_Schedule

      The recordings of the Elluminate sessions so far can be found here, and you
      can also subscribe to the podcast at http://vance_stevens.podomatic.com/

      We've also had offers of help from Sue Waters and Alex Hayes, both in
      Australia. I'll pass the information on to Amy, but her class is a bit late
      at night for people in Australia, though both have responded quite
      positively with offers of asynchronous connections.

      Best,

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 9, 2009
        Dear All,

        I'm happy to announce that we have managed to pull together a session on
        mobile learning. Thanks to Vance and the Webheads community, I was led to a
        number of people well versed in the area, all of whom have been amazingly
        generous.

        Our CTS Pre-Service teachers and the EVO 2009 Multiliteracies group will be
        meeting with Mark Kramer http://mamk.research-update.info/ via Elluminate
        from 17:30-18:30 GMT Tuesday, February 10. You can access the meeting here
        http://tinyurl.com/b79gho. Click on the meeting "Mobile Learning with Mark
        Kramer." No password is required.

        As Vance already posted, due to time differences, Susan Waters and Alex
        Hayes were not able to join us however we will be accessing their excellent
        resources at

        Sue: http://aquaculturepda.podomatic.com/

        Alex: http://www.slideshare.net/alexanderhayes/28082007-alexander-hayes

        A big thank you to everyone who has helped and contributed to this. This is
        truly an amazing community.

        Amy

      • Amy Meckelborg
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 10, 2009
          Hello All,

          Today�s session on mobile learning with Mark Kramer was a resounding
          success. The students were impressed to have such an international
          gathering come together in their classroom and they were very taken by
          the discussion. We had a few technical difficulties but it didn�t seem
          to interfere with their interest and enthusiasm.

          A big thank you goes out to everyone who helped make this happen. In
          particular Vance, who just seemed to be there whenever he was needed,
          and Mark, who came through with such short notice to share his
          expertise with us. I have lurked on this list for a while and know
          what the Webheads community is capable of; now it's my turn to say it:
          this community rocks!

          I think Vance may have already posted the link to the recording
          online, but if not it can be found at http://tinyurl.com/
          090210kramer I�ve also made a stand-alone recording (.jar file �
          14.6 MB) that can be downloaded from http://tinyurl.com/bphneq if you
          are interested in watching off-line.

          Cheers
          Amy