Request for speaker on Mobile Learning

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2009
      Hi folks,

      The Multiliteracy EVO session have had the following request from one
      of its members. This regards the speaking schedule at:
      http://goodbyegutenberg.pbwiki.com/Events_Schedule

      All are welcome to attend these session, and they are being podcast at
      http://vance_stevens.podomatic.com

      If there is anyone who is free and feels qualified to speak to our
      group on the topic of mobile learning please let me know offlist,

      thanks,
      Vance

      Hi Everyone,

      I was listening to the podcast of Doris Molero's (and others')
      presentation on the Writing Matrix this evening on my way home from
      work. (Thank you Vance, for podcasting our Elluminate sessions. I just
      haven't had time to sit down and watch the ones I've missed) I don't
      know what specifically triggered this idea for me, but something did.
      Maybe it is just everything we have been reading and talking about here.

      I am visiting a class of pre-service teachers next week who want to
      look at a number of technology tools for use in the K-12 classroom.
      They have asked about the use of mobile devices in teaching and
      learning. I am not very familiar with this area and I'd like to avoid
      talking about it in the hypothetical. What occurred to me on my walk
      home is that maybe there is someone 'out there' who has done some
      activities with mobile learning and who would be able to spare 15 to
      20 minutes to pop into an Elluminate session to talk about it with the
      class. They want to explore Elluminate and this would be the perfect
      opportunity to use it rather than just play with it.

      I know this is short notice, but the class runs next Tuesday, February
      10 from 16:00-18:30 GMT. Is anyone interested?

      Thanks
      Amy
    • Carla arena
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3, 2009
        Hey, Vance, the first name that comes to my mind is Ignatia Webs. She´s so
        generous that she might consider talking a bit about m-learning. In fact,
        she´s involved in a very interesting m-learning project at the moment.
        http://ignatiawebs.blogspot.com

        Cheers from Brasilia.
        Carla

        --
        Carla

        http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com (new explorations!)
        http://explorations.bloxi.jp

      • cristina costa
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3, 2009
          Hi Vance,

          the first Person that comes to mind is James Clay http://twitter.com/jamesclay

          and then Mark Kramer http://twitter.com/MAMK they both have been doing a lot in this area.
          I hope it helps.
          Sorry - only saw your email now.
          cris

          Cris Costa
          Site: www.knowmansland.com
          Blog: http://knowmansland.com/learningpath
          Twitter: cristinacost
          Skype: navysternchen

          --
          Carla

          http://collablogato rium.blogspot. com (new explorations! )
          http://explorations .bloxi.jp

        • Alex Ding
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 3, 2009
            Oui sans

            Problem

            xxx

            Alex Ding
            Head of New Technologies in English for Academic Purposes
            Centre for English Language Education
            University of Nottingham
            Jubilee Campus
            Wollaton Road
            Nottingham
            NG8 1BB

            Tel: +44 (0) 115 9514495
            Fax: +44 (0) 115 9514992
            http://www.cele.nottingham.ac.uk/ <http://www.cele.nottingham.ac.uk/>

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 3, 2009
              Dear all,

              My apologies .... I was replying to an e-mail from my wife in what was
              clearly too much haste!

              Best wishes and sorry!

              Alex

              --
              Carla

              http://collablogato rium.blogspot. com (new explorations! )
              http://explorations .bloxi.jp

            • Andreas Auwärter
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 3, 2009
                I would like to second Mark M Kramer would be brill!! He has a great
                beackground on mobile tech as well as on mobile and learning.
                You can get a glance about him via http://www.mamk.net/ or @MAMK via
                twitter.

              • Andreas Auwärter
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 3, 2009
                  Alex - i think you are welcome and greetings to your whife :-)