Anyone good with Ning?

  • Seth Dickens
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2009
      Hi there folks,

      I got an email from an educator in Brazil this morning asking for help with
      a Ning site he's set up. Currently I've only ever really tinkered around
      with Ning and have mainly just been a Ning user, rather than a Ning
      administrator. I'm posting his email here and will direct him to us Webheads
      for him to seek his answer as I don't think I know enough about Ning to be
      able to help.

      Here's the email:

      Hi....
      I hope you can help me. I've just started using Webtools after taking a
      course by Carla Arena (Webtools4BrazilianEducators)and I've created this
      Ning page (Ning address deleted to avoid any embarrassment) to work with my
      colleagues and, of course, be open to everybody. I don't know what I did but
      that "greenish" box that appears (Welcomexxxx to the xxxning- Here are a few
      things you can do now...)has simply vanished and I can't put that back.

      Another thing - I have selected the Features I wanted and one of them is
      TextBox but I don't have the (+Add text) on the main page. Well, hope I've
      been clear enough and hope you can help me.
      Thank you very much.

      My guess is that the first place to check for "A few things you can do now"
      would be the Ning help page: http://help.ning.com

      As for the TextBox, I'm stumped. Anyone got any ideas?

      Seth.

      Seth Dickens

      Homepage:
      http://www.digitalang.com

      Thoughts and practical tips on ICT in language education:
      http://www.digitalang.com/blog