meeting with Taiwanese students

  • Aiden Yeh
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2002
      My students would like to have another chance to chat with the Webheads. The topic this time around is about Exercise, Food, Diet , Obesity and Food habits (have they changed in recent years, i.e. in the US alone, many children are eating more and more yet spend less time exercising).

      This class will be on Sunday, Dec. 8, 12 GMT, in my office, E802. The lobby gets too crowded sometimes, so, I think it would be better to do it in my office.

      Other students (webheads) are also welcome to join us.

      I would like to take this chance to ask the teachers (Maggi, Michael, Sus, Bj, Susan, etc.) for your help to facilitate the discussion. I will be out of the country this Friday (on a 3-day cruise with my family) and won't be back until Sunday. My students are aware of this and am sure they will be alright, even if I won;t be around (we did this before anyways-and the chats he had were pretty successful).

      Can you please let me know if any of the teachers could make it this Sunday?

      Aiden Yeh

      P.s.

      the 16 GMT Saturday is a bit too late for my students, can we make it earlier?

    • Dafne
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2002
        Dear Aiden,

        I will be out of town this week-end, I might be at TI from noon to
        13:00 GMT,though. Anyway, I think that your students could use
        the "paella lesson" I created for the Tapped In Summer Carnival. So,
        your students can check the ingredients and the procedure to prepare
        a paella, it also has some cultural notes about paella, and the pre
        and post cooking interactive exercises I created with Hot Potatoes.
        If you are interested, I can drop the note with the url in your
        office at TI before Sunday. In this way your students can clik on the
        note and get the web page. Let me know.

        Hugs,
        Daf

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@y..., Aiden Yeh <aidenyeh@y...> wrote:

        > My students would like to have another chance to chat with the
        Webheads. The topic this time around is about Exercise, Food, Diet ,
        Obesity and Food habits (have they changed in recent years, i.e. in
        the US alone, many children are eating more and more yet spend less
        time exercising).

        > This class will be on Sunday, Dec. 8, 12 GMT, in my office, E802.
        The lobby gets too crowded sometimes, so, I think it would be better
        to do it in my office.

        > Other students (webheads) are also welcome to join us.
        >
        > I would like to take this chance to ask the teachers (Maggi,
        Michael, Sus, Bj, Susan, etc.) for your help to facilitate the
        discussion. I will be out of the country this Friday (on a 3-day
        cruise with my family) and won't be back until Sunday. My students
        are aware of this and am sure they will be alright, even if I won;t
        be around (we did this before anyways-and the chats he had were
        pretty successful).

        > Can you please let me know if any of the teachers could make it
        this Sunday?

        > Aiden Yeh
        >
        > P.s.
        >
        > the 16 GMT Saturday is a bit too late for my students, can we make
        it earlier?

      • Rita
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2002
          Dear Aiden,
          I can make it, as well. Enjoy your trip
          Hugs
          Rita

[...]

          Syllabus:

        • Aiden Yeh
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2002
            Great idea, Daf! Can you send me the url (before Sunday), so I can forward it to my students?
            Thanks.
            Aiden
            .

          • Dafne
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 4, 2002
              The paella lesson is here:
              http://www.geocities.com/dygonza/paella.html

              Enjoy your family and get a well-deserved rest, Aiden, dear.