Re: [evonline2002_webheads] My New Year's Greeting

  • Cora Chen
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 31, 2008
      Many thanks to Dennis for sending us beautiful music again as presents!
      Happy New Year to all the webheads around the world!

      Cora

      >>> dennis.oliver@... 12/31/08 4:11 PM >>>

      Hi, everyone.

      Although it's already 2009 for many of you, it won't be here in Phoenix
      for a little more than seven hours, so I don't feel too bad about not
      sending my New Year's Greeting until now.

      You can access it here:

      http://d-oliver.net/New-Year-2009/

      Very, very best wishes!

      Dennis in Phoenix
    • Rita Zeinstejer
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 1, 2009
        Thank you, dear Dennis, for your wonderful words and music, may you
        and ALL DEAR WEBHEADS have a memorable 2009, full of peace and health
        and happy accomplishments.

        From RitaZ, in Rosario, having indulged in oversleeping on the very
        1st day of a new year!

        > Hi, everyone.
        >
        > Although it's already 2009 for many of you, it won't be here in Phoenix
        > for a little more than seven hours, so I don't feel too bad about not
        > sending my New Year's Greeting until now.
        >
        > You can access it here:
        >
        > http://d-oliver.net/New-Year-2009/
        >
        > Very, very best wishes!
        >
        > Dennis in Phoenix

      • Dennis Oliver
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 1, 2009
          Hi, Rita.

          ¡Próspero Año Nuevo!

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com (message #20151), you wrote:

          Thank you, dear Dennis, for your wonderful words and music, may you
          and ALL DEAR WEBHEADS have a memorable 2009, full of peace and health
          and happy accomplishments.

          REPLY

          You're entirely welcome, my dear friend and colleague.

          Mil gracias for the beautiful wish above!

          May 2009 be very good to you!

          Dennis in Phoeniox
        • Dennis Oliver
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 1, 2009
            Hola, Mary.

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com (message #21045), you wrote:

            Thanks Dennis! I'm reading the webheads' messages while listening to
            this lovely music.

            My best wishes to you and all the webheads all over the world!

            Mary from Rosario, Argentina at 2 am of the new year.

            RESPONSE

            You're entirely welcome, my friend! I'm glad you liked the music. It's
            by a Ukrainian-Russian composer, Bortniansky, who wrote
            a prodigious amount of music (including operas and choral works
            in several different languages). Bortniansky was born in 1751
            and died in 1825.

            ¡Mis deseos más finos a tí también! ¡Próspero Año Nuevo!

            Dennis in Phoenix
            7:39 AM, Phoenix time, in the new year
          • Nina Lyulkun
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 1, 2009
              Dear Dennis,

              I am so sorry to be unable to open the link you provided with
              http://d-oliver.net/New-Year-2009/
              Can anyone help to figure out the problem, please?

              With warmest regards and best wishes in New Year!

              Hugs,
              Nina

              On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 1:46 AM, Dennis Oliver <dennis.oliver@...> wrote:

              > Hi, everyone.
              > You can access it here:
              > http://d-oliver.net/New-Year-2009/
              > Very, very best wishes!
              > Dennis in Phoenix

            • Dennis Oliver
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 1, 2009
                Hi, my friend Cora.

                --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com (message #21047), you wrote:

                Many thanks to Dennis for sending us beautiful music again as presents!

                Happy New Year to all the webheads around the world!

                Cora

                You're entirely welcome, my friend. I thought you'd like
                the music!

                "Slava vo Vyshnykh Bohu" ("Glory to God in the Highest"
                in Church Slavonic) is by Bortniansky, a Ukrainian-Russian
                composer (1751-1825). It's often sung as a concert piece
                and is also commonly sung in Russian Orthodox churches
                during the Great Compline service for Christmas (which is
                sung on Christmas Eve). It's one of my favorite choral pieces.
                The English setting is often sung, but I like the Church
                Slavonic better, and not just for sentimental reasons:
                there's a better match of music and text in it, I think.

                Bortniansky wrote a huge amount of music, both instrumental
                and choral, but is best known today for his choral works.
                Many of them are for double choir or for single choir with
                an expanded set of voices (for example, SSAATTBB).

                Happy New Year to you as well, dear Cora!

                I'll wish you a Happy Year of the Ox later this month.

                Happy 2009!

                Dennis in Phoenix
              • Dennis Oliver
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 1, 2009
                  Dorogaya Nina Ananievna,

                  S Novym Godom!

                  --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com (message #21059), you wrote:

                  Dear Dennis,

                  I am so sorry to be unable to open the link you provided with
                  http://d-oliver.net/New-Year-2009/

                  Can anyone help to figure out the problem, please?

                  With warmest regards and best wishes in New Year!

                  Hugs,
                  Nina

                  Hmm. This is very interesting. I'm listening to the music
                  right now on my PC, and it's at the URL that I gave.

                  Try it this way:

                  http://www.d-oliver.net/New-Year-2009/

                  (I just tried the above on my PC, using both IE and Firefox,
                  and it worked.)

                  Here are some things to check if the URL still isn't working
                  for you:

                  1. Try adding www after http://
                  In some browsers, my website has to have www before d-oliver.
                  I don't know why.

                  2. Be sure that after d-oliver.net/ you type New-Year-2009
                  and be sure you DON'T type New_Year_2009.

                  3. Be sure that you type zeros in the year, not capital Os:
                  2009, not 2OO9. These look almost exactly the same, but
                  they aren't.

                  Let me know if the above suggestions help.

                  I send you my warmest regards and best wihes as well!

                  I'll be sending you something special for Rozhdestvo.

                  Dennis in Phoenix / Vasiliy Kirilovich
                • Carla arena
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 1, 2009
                    Dear Dennis,

                    Thanks for making the first day of the year such a musical, high spirited
                    one. You are a very special friend who irradiates optimism and joy wherever
                    you go.

                    I'm really thankful for having met you and all Webheads.

                    Let us make 2009 ours in very positive, peaceful ways.

                    Beijos,
                    Carla

                    http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com (new explorations!)
                    http://explorations.bloxi.jp

                    On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Dennis Oliver <dennis.oliver@...>wrote:

                    > Hi, everyone.
                    >
                    > Although it's already 2009 for many of you, it won't be here in Phoenix for
                    > a little more than
                    > seven hours, so I don't feel too bad about not sending my New Year's
                    > Greeting until now.
                    >
                    > You can access it here:
                    >
                    > http://d-oliver.net/New-Year-2009/
                    >
                    > Very, very best wishes!
                    >
                    > Dennis in Phoenix

                  • Dennis Oliver
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 1, 2009
                      Carlinha!

                      Feliz Ano Novo!

                      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com (message #21062), you wrote:

                      Dear Dennis,

                      Thanks for making the first day of the year such a musical, high
                      spirited one. You are a very special friend who irradiates optimism
                      and joy wherever you go.

                      -----> I'm blushing!

                      You're 1000% welcome, dear friend. I'm really glad you liked
                      the music and that you enjoyed the high-spirited singing.
                      That selection has been one of my favorite choral pieces for
                      a very, very long time.

                      I'm really thankful for having met you and all Webheads.

                      -----> I feel exactly the same way. I'm really glad
                      that you and I followed through with Dafne's and
                      Teresa's encouragement, during the PPOT course, that
                      we join WiA.

                      Let us make 2009 ours in very positive, peaceful ways.

                      -----> For sure--and I wish exactly the same to you!

                      Beijos,
                      Carla

                      -----> E com muitos fortes abraços!

                      By the way, I'll be sending Dudú and Caio e-cards within
                      the next hour or so. I'm also sending them something in the
                      mail (but they probably won't get it until early next week).

                      Dennis
                    • Nina Lyulkun
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 1, 2009
                        Dear Vasiliy Kirillovich,

                        Nope, it still doesn't work. I 've got a message:

                        T*he connection has timed out
                        The server at www.d-oliver.net is taking too long to respond.

                        * The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in
                        a few moments.*

                        I am so sorry.
                        The best,
                        Nina

                        On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Dennis Oliver <dennis.oliver@...> wrote:

                        > Dorogaya Nina Ananievna,
                        > S Novym Godom!
                        > - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                        >
                        > Hmm. This is very interesting. I'm listening to the music
                        > right now on my PC, and it's at the URL that I gave.
                        > Try it this way:
                        >
                        > http://www.d-oliver.net/New-Year-2009/
                        >
                        > (I just tried the above on my PC, using both IE and Firefox, and it
                        > worked.)
                        > Here are some things to check if the URL still isn't workingfor you:
                        >
                        > 1. Try adding www after http://
                        > In some browsers, my website has to have www before d-oliver.
                        > I don't know why.
                        >
                        > 2. Be sure that after d-oliver.net/ you type New-Year-2009
                        > and be sure you DON'T type New_Year_2009.
                        >
                        > 3. Be sure that you type zeros in the year, not capital Os:2009, not 2OO9.
                        > These look almost exactly the same, butthey aren't.
                        >
                        > Let me know if the above suggestions help.

                      • Nina Liakos
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 2, 2009
                          Dear Dennis,
                          I am enjoying the beautiful music as I write this to thank you for your
                          special greeting and wishes! Thanks for being my friend.
                          Nina

                          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Oliver"