Re: [evonline2002_webheads] html and ppt

  • Aiden Yeh
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 2, 2002
      Tom, Arnold and Dr. Cat,
      Many thanks for your advice. I didn't know that html file takes up more space, I wouldn't have wasted one weekend trying to figure out how it all works! Anyway, it's a good thing I haven't uploaded the folder with files yet-can you imagine me uploading each graphic/image one by one?
      So, you are all suggesting that using FTP is a lot faster and making webpages and uploading files with FTP would save me all the trouble? Hmmm.
      I have Frontpage but I've never really used it. The mere sight of html codes and commands make me dizzy- anyway, what the heck, might as well give it a try. Besides, if I get in trouble (again) webheads will always be there. Right? Right. (you have to imagine me saying this with feelings) ;-)
      tah-tah,
      aiden

    • Dafne
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 2, 2002
        Dear Aiden,

        You do not need to know HTML to work with Front Page. You have the
        normal page option, where you can create your web pages the same way
        you are doing with Page Builder in Geocities, with the advantage that
        you have the HTML view and you can combine both. Btw, to upload your
        Power Point presentation to your web server, if you use FTP, you only
        need to upload the folder from your Power Point application files.

        Hugs
        Daf

      • a.muhren@quicknet.nl
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 3, 2002
          Hi Tom,

          >I have a presentation, for example, which contains 26 slides that takes up
          >264 kb has a .ppt file, but 3.8 mb when (expanded) into a set of HTML
          >documents.

          Thanks for pointing this out. I knew this to be the case, but was not aware
          that the difference could be that big.

          When people do convert to .html, they may of course be doing this to
          prevent piracy-editing of their .ppt presentation by others. Simply loading
          the .ppt file into Powerpoint gives others that capability as you know.

          Cheers, Arnold
        • Aiden Yeh
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 3, 2002
            Arnold wrote: When people do convert to .html, they may of course be doing this to
            prevent piracy-editing of their .ppt presentation by others. Simply loading
            the .ppt file into Powerpoint gives others that capability as you know.

            Thanks for pointing this out, Arnold. See, I didn't know this, too. ;-)

            Aiden