Re: week 3 planning (Rita, Tere, Keiko & Sus)

  • Jacqui Cyrus
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2002
      Hi:
      I am very new to WebHeads and have not done the traditional
      introduction. I guess I should very soon. I am also working on
      communications with online groups. I have looked at academic writing in
      computer-mediated communications. I am now beginning a project whereby
      I am looking at how participants use linguistic connectors within
      discussions. I am more than willing to share my various drafts with
      you, if you wish.
      -j-
      On Monday, November 25, 2002, at 05:57 PM, <s.nyrop@...> wrote:

      > Dear Tere, Rita and Keiko
      >
      > Here are some comments for the abstract that Tere malied
      > to us some days ago. It is very good, most of it, but as we
      > still have quite a while, we are in no terrible hurry.
      >
      > 1.Ttile: What online communication tools facilitate the
      > interaction of participants in a community of practice?
      >
      > That is a very demanding title, I think we’re dealing with a
      > more specific question, asking
      >
      > How can online communication tools be used to facilitate the
      > interaction of participants in a community of practice in a
      > virtual learning environment?

      Jacqui Cyrus, MA in TESOL
      Doctoral Student in EDIT
      Educational Design & Instructional Technology
      College of Education
      806.742.1997
      Texas Tech University
      Lubbock, TX 79409-1071