Happy virusless year too!

  • Rita Zeinstejer
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2008
      Hi, friends,

      I've just come across this site in a Spanish mag, and am translating
      it for you, I guess it may come in handy...

      How to know if your pc ports are open

      Get to know if your pc ports are open, to prevent risks (clear choice
      after consultation !!! ;-))). Go to http://www.grc.com/default.htm
      Click on Shields Up!, then on ProbeMyPorts. HotSpots will try to find
      weak spots in your connection, testing those ports which are prone
      to "attacks".
      Possible results:
      Stealth: port could not be detected
      Closed: port detected but closed
      Open: port detected as open
      Best: all ports should be Stealth. If only one is Open, there's some
      risk of being visited by intruders...

      Hope it's of some help

      Happy virusless year too!

      Rita