Grouply

  • Nellie Deutsch
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 21, 2008
      I apologize if you got an invitation from Grouply. Please ignore the
      invitations. I am not even a member. I contacted their people who
      don't understand what happened. I have blocked everyone who got an
      invitation so they don't get it again.
    • David Winet
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2010
        Anyone have any thoughts on Ning replacement Grouply? Thanks.
        David

      • Vanessa
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2010
          annoying and invasive but trying to give it a fair trial anyway

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, David Winet <dwinet@...> wrote:

          > Anyone have any thoughts on Ning replacement Grouply? Thanks.
          > David

        • Mercedes Viola
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2010
            I don’t know much.

            There’s another one which seems quite good

            http://www.mixxt.com/

            Arq. Mercedes Viola Deambrosis

            Directora

            4D Content English

            Circunvalación Durango 1429 of. 501

            Montevideo - Uruguay

            Tel: (598 2) 9161496

            <http://www.4d.edu.uy/> www.4d.edu.uy

            P Please consider the planet before printing this email.
            Antes de imprimir, piensa en el medio ambiente.

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2010
              This is a subject to which I have given some thought.

              One or two of my thoughts went into this article called "The Ning Thing"
              http://www.tesl-ej.org/wordpress/issues/volume14/ej53/ej53int/

              The definitive crowd sourced document on the topic was seeded by Alec Couros
              here:
              http://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1OR38ADYxjiSjMGn5M2q_nnerR98jd5unoqvOdRHK8GE&hl=en#

              I tracked some of my attempts to recoup my ning communities here
              https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DH-g7fxaEPyS5vPZXI91UT3XaXNh0MvBRX1LTrahppg/edit?hl=en#

              Grouply was the best as far as allowing migration from Ning with a community
              intact. Posterous was a close competitor, promising to design tools that
              would match competition on many fronts. It was thanks to posterous that I
              managed to save my Ning blogs. But this was most useful only at the time.

              Now, if I were to start a new community, the only reason I might choose
              Grouply is that it provides a layer of social depth to a YahooGroup
              community. The two can remain separate but interact with one another in
              ways that might be useful to members. Also Grouply supports educators with
              added features that they normally charge for. They do often send digests and
              updates but these can be ignored or archived.

              It seems I went from Ning to Grouply so I really haven't tried any of the
              other tools apart from Posterous in a serious way with online communities.
              If anyone has any hands on post experiential recommendations it would be
              nice to hear them.

              Vance