Re: Help to find the right application for a project

  • Maria Victoria Saumell
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
      Thanks Seth for your prompt answer.

      My dilemma is... I would very much like to show the actual webpages
      and applications to show how they work. Powerpoint would only let me
      include screenshots, wouldn't it?

      Maybe I should have both options ready and check which works better...

      Thanks again,
      Vicky Saumell

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Seth Dickens"
      <sethdickens@...> wrote:

      > I am guessing that Powerpoint is probably your best bet to put the
      > presentation together. I don't like to rely solely on the internet if
      > I am doing a presentation.
      >
      > If you'd prefer a free versions Open Office's "Impress" is a great
      > presentation tool and it's free.
      >

      > Seth.

    • Carla arena
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
        Vicky,

        You can record the pages you want to show to be shown offline. Just go to
        the page you want to show, on your browser you must have the options "File",
        then "save as". Voilà! You can show a saved page. Remember that if you want
        to go from one page to the other through hyperlinks, you'll have to save
        each one individually.

        I hope this helps.

        Beijos,
        Carla
        http://explorations.bloxi.jp
        http://brazilnaskeywest.wordpress.com

        On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 5:40 AM, Maria Victoria Saumell <vicky.s@...
        > wrote:

        > Thanks Seth for your prompt answer.
        >
        > My dilemma is... I would very much like to show the actual webpages
        > and applications to show how they work. Powerpoint would only let me
        > include screenshots, wouldn't it?
        >
        > Maybe I should have both options ready and check which works better...
        >
        > Thanks again,
        > Vicky Saumell
        >
        > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com<evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > "Seth Dickens"
        >
        > <sethdickens@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I am guessing that Powerpoint is probably your best bet to put the
        > > presentation together. I don't like to rely solely on the internet if
        > > I am doing a presentation.
        > >
        > > If you'd prefer a free versions Open Office's "Impress" is a great
        > > presentation tool and it's free.
        > >

        > > Seth.

      • Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
          Hi Vicky--
          Carla has a good solution, since it will allow you to show the pages
          without the Internet, but you will have to save each page you want to
          show. Even with the Internet for your presentation, you will probably
          find there is a problem in loading password-protected pages, as your
          university may have firewalls that prevent your entering the pw.

          I did something similar to Carla's solution at a conference, and
          opened all the saved files in my Firefox toolbar as tabs, so I could
          see the titles as I linked to one after the other. It worked really well.

          Cheers--
          --Elizabeth

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Maria Victoria Saumell"
          <vicky.s@...> wrote:

          > Dear webheads,
          > I am putting together a presentation on free web applications for
          > language use.
          > I would like to show different applications and how they can be used
          > for language learning through projects/ examples from my own teaching
          > practice.
          > I thought I could use Webslides provided I have internet access in the
          > conference room. Do you have any other suggestions in case this
          > doesn’t work?
          > I'm sure there are other options...
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Vicky Saumell from Argentina

        • Maria Victoria Saumell
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 8, 2008
            Dear Carla and Elizabeth,
            Thanks for the advice. It is exactly what I was hoping to do but did
            not quite know how to.

            The Firefox idea is brilliant and will help me keep my presentation
            organised.

            I'm speaking for the first time at a conference in Chile in April...
            I'll let you how it goes!

            Vicky Saumell

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Hanson-Smith"

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 8, 2008
              Great, Vicky! Do let us know how it goes.

              See you around,

              Besos,
              Carla

              http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com (new explorations!)