Sociological Surveys by Young Language Learners.

  • Seth Dickens
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2008
      Dear All,

      I am involved in a really exciting CLIL / Technology project at the moment
      where our learners are studying various subjects (Science, Social Sciences,
      Sociology, Biology, History) in English, using Web 2.0 technology. All of
      our lessons are co-taght by me (the token native English speaker) and an
      Italian teacher (the proper expert in the subject area.)

      Our 3rd year class have written some sociological surveys using
      www.surveymonkey.com which might be really interesting for any of your
      teenage learners to fill in. They have written all the questions and
      uploaded them themselves ( a really productive and good fun lesson by the
      way) so expect one or two language errors.

      The surveys will be online for another 2 weeks before we take them "offline"
      so that we can analyse the results together in class. If you'd like to do
      the surveys with your classes, you can find them here on our wiki page:
      http://martini.wetpaint.com/page/3LSS+Surveys

      We'd welcome any responses from other cities or countries (we're based in
      Italy.) Please let us know in one of the demographic questions where you
      are from.

      All the best, Seth.

      Seth Dickens

      Homepage:
      http://www.digitalang.com

      Thoughts and practical tips on ICT in language education:
      http://www.digitalang.com/blog