Problem Posting Messgaes - this is a test

  • Seth Dickens
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2008
      Dear all,

      I've been trying to send feedback on the video editing tool I used
      last week, but I am having no joy at all via the web-based message
      posting. The problem has been going on for 5 days or so now.

      This is a test post to see if I can get through with a different
      subject matter etc.

      Anyone else been having the same problems?

      Seth Dickens.
    • Seth Dickens
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2008
        Ok, so it worked...

        So why won't my far more interesting posting upload?

        :(

        Any ideas folks?
      • Seth Dickens
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2008
          How frustrating..

          My other post still won't upload, even though I've changed the title.
          I've just managed two banal silly posts, and yet my "sensible" post
          still won't go through.

          Surely it can't be blocked because of the content (talking about a
          video editing software package.)

          Seth
        • Seth Dickens
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 2, 2008
            Ok, It went through in the end, but only via email.

            Strange!

            Sorry for the hassle everyone. Still puzzled as to why it happened.

            Seth.

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Seth Dickens"
            <sethdickens@...> wrote:

            > Ok, so it worked...
            >
            > So why won't my far more interesting posting upload?
            >
            > :(
            >
            > Any ideas folks?

          • serpil sonmez
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 2008
               Dear all,

              Thanks to Nina Liakos and Nellie Deutsch, we had an online mini-conference
              session on the use of technology in ESL classrooms. So many interesting
              questions were raised by my students (who are pre-service teachers). Questions are
              addressed to our guest speakers Nina Liakos and Nellie Deutsch but we’ll
              appreciate your comments as well.

              Inspired by this event, we now have a wiki
              (connectingteachers) for pre-service/in-training teachers where they
              can share information with each other and get in touch with
              professional teachers. I’m
              planning to continue this project with future students as well.

              http://connectingteachers.pbwiki.com/http://connectingteachers.pbwiki.com/Using-Technology-in-TESOL

              Please feel
              free to drop by and add a comment or forward the link to your students. All are
              welcome to participate. Thank you very much in advance for your contributions.

              Warm thoughts & wishes from Wisconsin,

              Serpil

              P.S. Sorry for cross-posting…

            • Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
                Seth--
                This is indeed mysterious. Were you trying to use an attachment?
                That's not allowed in this group.
                If you weren't sending us an email what other method were you trying?
                Web Post?
                If you want troubleshooting, maybe you could send us a little more
                info on what you tried?
                --Elizabeth

                <sethdickens@...> wrote:

                > Ok, It went through in the end, but only via email.
                >
                > Strange!
                >
                > Sorry for the hassle everyone. Still puzzled as to why it happened.
                >
                > Seth.
                >
                > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Seth Dickens"
                > <sethdickens@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Ok, so it worked...
                > >
                > > So why won't my far more interesting posting upload?
                > >
                > > :(
                > >
                > > Any ideas folks?

              • Seth Dickens
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 4, 2008
                  Hi there Elizabeth,

                  I was indeed trying to use the web post method. I usually / often do.

                  I had therefore added no attachments, but after trying for several
                  times across several days I still didn't manage to post it.

                  In the end I sent the post via email and it went through.(The post was
                  titled "Editing Video Together II - Cyberlink Director" or something
                  like that.

                  Anyhow, a most peculiar problem. Hope it dooen't happen again :)

                  Seth
                  --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Hanson-Smith"